English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-02-2019

IN

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 5

LENOVO FLEX 6 WIFI DISCONNECTION ISSUE

2019-07-02, 5:12 AM

The new Flex 6 14IKB has a wifi disconnection issue as the laptop shows no internet, secured with a yellow sign and the wifi network gets disconnected frequently. I checked other computers and they has an uninterrupted network but the new system disconnects frequently and its a pain.

ps- i brought the laptop in US and came down here to India 

Options

3834 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4367 Signins

49247 Page Views

• Views: 49247
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: LENOVO FLEX 6 WIFI DISCONNECTION ISSUE

2019-07-02, 5:52 AM

If you have the Qualcom Wireless LAN adapter and are running Windows 10 version 1903, you are probably running into a know issue with Windows 10 1903.      Try updating to the latest WiFi driver from Lenovo found at the link below, but if that does not resolve the issue, you will have to wait for Qualcom to release an updated driver that works properly with Windows 10 1903.

WLAN Driver (Intel, Qualcomm, Realtek) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Yoga 530-14IKB, Flex 6-14IKB

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/irya0aaf0893.exe

==============================================

From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903#445msg

Intermittent loss of Wi-Fi connectivity

Some older computers may experience loss of Wi-Fi connectivity due to an outdated Qualcomm driver. An updated Wi-Fi driver should be available from your device manufacturer (OEM).

To safeguard your upgrade experience, we have applied a hold on devices with this Qualcomm driver from being offered Windows 10, version 1903, until the updated driver is installed.

Affected platforms:
  • Client: Windows 10, version 1903
 Workaround: Download and install an updated Wi-Fi driver from your device manufacturer (OEM).
==============================================

Best of luck 

Options

2 Posts

12-09-2019

US

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-12-09, 3:16 AM

My experience

I had the same problem for MONTHS!

I bought my computer used from a 3rd party seller, and this is the first and only problems I've had with this PC. Luckily my computer came with a 6 month warranty, and this solution is very similar to what the official lenovo support did.

My solution:

For my laptop, all I had to do was install this driver:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds120862

*there are instructions included in the README

Although it doesn't explicitly say that it is for this device (Flex 6 14IKB), I have not had any issues with this driver yet.

If you are concerned about deleting the bluetooth driver in the device manager, I did not delete the bluetooth driver when i did my install, and it has worked flawlessly.

I hope this helps whoever needs this solution fixed.

For any further contact, please contact me at: calebedl04@gmail.com

Options

415 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

139 Signins

6826 Page Views

• Views: 6826
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-12-09, 13:10 PM

Hi 

Welcome to Community Forums!

WiFi Disconnection or the so called intermittent connectivity has been common for this model  but there is a fix for this.

Please Follow the Step by Step Process:

1. Download the Realtek Wifi Driver here and save it to your desktop page ( do not install it yet ).

2. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Realtek wireless driver under Network Adapters ( make sure to put a check mark on the box for delete driver for this software/device ).

3. Now you can go back to your downloaded Driver you saved from the desktop and RUN/install it.

4. After installation is complete Do not restart you computer go back to Device Manager, on the top part just below the word HELP look for an icon that looks like a computer with a magnifying glass on it ( it says Scan for Hardware Changes ) and click on it.

5. The version of Realtek Driver that you have installed on your computer should already be under network adapter.

6. You may now try to connect to your WiFi device and observe your connectivity on this computer.

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards​

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.​

Options

3834 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4367 Signins

49247 Page Views

• Views: 49247
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-12-09, 13:28 PM

Caleb0012 posted that solution already in the post directly above yours, but thanks for repeating it. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete