Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KayZeg
Paper Tape
Views: 5,783
Message 1 of 10

LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 Microphone Issue

So I just bought this laptop yesterday and installed some games and discord with it , plugged in my hed set and both audio and microphone worked perfectly.

Today I talking in discord while playing a game when suddenly I my microphone just stopped working. ( note I was playing a game so couldn't have went and messed up the settings of anything, unless if I can do this with my keyboard.)

-Plugged in headset to phone and both audio and mic worked so it couldn't be faulty

-Made sure I went to Win 10 settings > Privacy and gave permisssion to everything that was shown there

-Checked 'recording devices' and my mic was detected, and the green bar moves when I talk and make noise ( it was also set to default)

-Then I used various apps that records audio and mic doesnt work, even went on google and ran a microphone test website and no audio was recorded.

Someone send help ._.

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 5,725
Message 2 of 10

Re: LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 Microphone Issue

Repair or reinstall your audio driver. It might work.
Victor1946
Paper Tape
Views: 5,718
Message 3 of 10

I have the same problem with my Lenovo ideapad FLEX 5-1470. It was happened during last week. Micropfone stopped to operate. Laptop is new Ibought it couple months ago. I seems to me that it happened after automatic upgrade some programs. I did not use computer for about one week and it was in sleep regime. Before it was no problem, however yesterday when I started to use Skype, I discovered that microphone does not work. I discovered that this is not a problem with Skype, but it is a problem with laptop. Please advice
Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 5,701
Message 4 of 10

So it happened after an update? Try to restore point your laptop before the time those upgrades were used.

Otherwise repair or reinstall your audio driver.
KayZeg
Paper Tape
Views: 5,682
Message 5 of 10

I did it and it worked, thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 5,674
Message 6 of 10

You are welcome Smiley Happy .

Maybe don't update your microphone again, just so it won't repeat the issue.

Victor1946
Paper Tape
Views: 5,663
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for the answer. I did update and microphone is working now. However I got another problem: echo when I say something. Could you advice, please. Thanks, Victor
Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 5,657
Message 8 of 10

It echoes badly? I'm pretty sure there is the setting for that to reduce the echo. You go to your audio settings and then go to recording devices and go to your microphone's properties by right clicking it.

Go to Enhancements and click on Disable Microphone Effect. It might work. You can also decrease the Microphone Boost in Levels tab if you want to.

I hope it works for you.

celestenovelli
What's DOS?
Views: 4,707
Message 9 of 10

Hello, 

i am going through a similar problem with my Yoga 720. 

The microphone doesn't work. I have already checked that privacy is on: i gave permission to everything to get access to the mic. 

I made a try on skype and the microphone wasn't detected but the problem is not with skype, because the microphone wasn't detected by another website. 

Audio is ok. 

Could it be related to the drivers? 

Where may i find the drivers to update the microphone? 

Thank you

Celeste 

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 4,624
Message 10 of 10

Repair and reinstall your audio driver. It's found in the device manager.

Usually that's the very first step in troubleshooting relating to the drivers - uninstall/repair/reinstall. Stuffs like that.

Hope the microphone goes back on.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors