cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkd7
Serial Port
Views: 1,778
Message 1 of 6

LENOVO IDEAPAD 330-15ARR VEGA 8 GPU CLOCK SPEED IS NOT WORKING AT FULL.

RYZEN 5 2500U HAS VEGA 8 GPU IN IT WHICH HAS HIGHEST CLOCK SPEED OF 1100Mhz BUT I GETTING ON 400Mhz OF CLOCK SPEED IN MY LAPTOP. MY VEGA 8 GPU IS NOT RUNNING AT ITS FULL POTENTIAL. WHAT TO DO? HOW TO GET ITS STOCK CLOCK SPEED? CURRENT CLOCK SPEED (400Mhz) MAKES LIGHT GAMES UNPLAYABLE. WHY MY GPU IS UNDERCLOCKED?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,732
Message 2 of 6

Re: LENOVO IDEAPAD 330-15ARR VEGA 8 GPU CLOCK SPEED IS NOT WORKING AT FULL.

Hi. Can you try the following:

1. Ensure that you're running games while the AC adapter is plugged-in
  2. Ensure all drivers are up to date (you can use the Lenovo Vantage app to check driver updates automatically).
  3. Set the power plan to High Performance
  4. Create a game profile using the AMD Radeon Software and add the games that you play - Guide: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/How-To-Create-Game-Profiles-Using-AMD-Radeon-Softwar...

After doing all the above steps, try running the game and observe your temps using temp monitoring softwares like HWMonitor then check the CPU/GPU performance using Task Manager (Performance Tab).

Let us know how it goes.

Admin note: link shortener replace with full link for transparency

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mkd7
Serial Port
Views: 1,726
Message 3 of 6

The reason I am not getting the needed performance because of Old AMD crimson 17.7 driver which is Lenovo providing. And there is no official words for further driver update. But latest version of driver is Adrenaline 18.1.1 or 18.+ something. I am waiting for Lenovo's devs to give us updated driver for its laptops.

MINATO07
SCSI Port
Views: 1,549
Message 4 of 6

i m facing the same problem. it performs good as expected for first 5-10 min then gpu clocks down to 200-300 mhz and stays at that clock even after temp less than 55C. This happens for every gpu workload.I have the latest drivers and bios provided by lenovo. We need bios with higher temp targets (73-75C) and throttle bug fixed.Currently it is performing less than 50% of other ryzen 2500U laptops. Please look into it asap.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,536
Message 5 of 6

The setup is different from manufacturer to manfucatorer. The GPU settings might be different. Have go a look with HWINFO64(google it, watch out for false sites). You can adjust the clock speed yourself, but I don't advice you to do so.

MINATO07
SCSI Port
Views: 1,532
Message 6 of 6

no tool adjust clock speed for ryzen mobile, if know something please share.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors