cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary-von-Havel
What's DOS?
Views: 347
Message 1 of 4

LENOVO IdeaPad 100-15IBD Hard clicking noise while shutting down.

Hello All,

I have bought a LENOVO IdeaPad 100-15IBD andd I have updated everything it is windows 10 and the Intel core i5 version.

First booting up and shutting down went fine. Now when I try to shut it down now the screen turns black, but the power button keeps burning and every 5 seconds I hear two hard clicking noises and then it shuts down after 20 seconds.

Can anybody help me and give me advice on how to stop it from making these noises? I already checked but there is nothing blocking my fan.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Gary von Havel.

SeniorGuru
Views: 327
Message 2 of 4

Re: LENOVO IdeaPad 100-15IBD Hard clicking noise while shutting down.

Boot into BIOS and run diagnostics on the hard drive.  If errors are present, contact Lenovo Support by phone to discuss warranty repair / replacement options.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Gary-von-Havel
What's DOS?
Views: 300
Message 3 of 4

Dear CB,

I will try this. Thank you!
SeniorGuru
Views: 289
Message 4 of 4

Log back in with the results and let us know what you find out.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors