cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okhi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 133
Message 1 of 4

Lagging and shutting down when charging.

I have a Lenovo ideapad 11017IKB, BIOS 3QCN13WW. Whenever I plug in my charger, from time to time, the game lags instantly. It's smooth, then goes to 0 FPS, then back to 60 FPS. This happens only when it's charging and I've tried everything I could, changing the battery saving option to be exact. I still haven't found a solution and it's really annoying. When it doesn't do that (lag when plugged in from time to time) the laptop just shuts down. I have no clue what it is but I really need help.

And if it's confusing what I said above, the game basically starts lagging out of nowhere for no reason while it's lagging, then stops. It goes from 60 FPS to 0 FPS, then back to 60. It does that until it's not plugged in and charging anymore. Sometimes, the lag doesn't happen, but the laptop shutdowns after like 5-10 minutes of use while it's not lagging when charging.

okhi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 132
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lagging and shutting down when charging.

Also, when I try to lower or higher the audio it's delayed and it only goes up after like half a second.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 95
Message 3 of 4

Hi okhi,

Welcome to the community forums.

Could you tell us when did you notice the issue? Were there any recent changes or updates prior to that? Please try to configure the graphics. Just follow the step on this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ec/en/solutions/ht078706?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m 

Observe the performance of the laptop after. If still does the same, update the BIOS and the display driver. Download the updates here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m.

In addition, we do not advise to post the serial number. Please edit your post and delete the serial number for security purposes. Thank you.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

okhi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 79
Message 4 of 4

I've tried both, I thought it stopped for a while but then I was extremely disappointed that it still continued lagging and shutting down from time to time. I'm not sure if I downloaded the update for my display driver correctly, so I could use some help.

Mod's Comment:  Since the issue hasn't been resolved, the OP has started a new thread.  This thread is now lock. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors