Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bogdan127
Paper Tape
Views: 1,010
Message 1 of 3

Laptop 700-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) Bios Update E5CN60WW

Hello,

After I installed this bios update E5CN60WW ( http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ro/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/700-SERIES/700-15ISK/80RU/80RU00LQRI... ) the computer rebooted and refused to boot in UEFI mode( as it was before) and only boots on LEGACY mode. 

When I try to boot on UEFI mode it says that I should select a boot mode ( hdd, usb so on) and when I select the hdd nothing happens(windows is installed). 

Windows was installed on verison 56WW of bios, with UEFI settings only, and after the update to 60WW i cannot boot UEFI anymore just on LEGACY. Why? How can I go back to UEFI booting ?

Also before I updated the bios I have created a backup with universal bios backup toolkit and created a file LENOVO-E5CN56WW.rom (is it possible to backflash to this one?)

Thank you,

Bogdan

AbieAmadea
Token Ring
Views: 960
Message 2 of 3

Re: Laptop 700-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) Bios Update E5CN60WW

you can backflash but have to enable the setting on the bios, I suggest using the official 56 bios installer, and before you flash the bios, make sure everything is on default setting, maybe you can find it online ? and I suggest do a backup and do a fresh instalation of windows (wipe and format the ssd/hdd) maybe by this way your 60bios can boot on uefi.

Bogdan127
Paper Tape
Views: 955
Message 3 of 3

Re: Laptop 700-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) Bios Update E5CN60WW

Hello,

The only way I could go back to UEFI boot was to make a new USB bootable stick and reformat/reinstal the windwos.

Now it works.

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors