Miruna18
What's DOS?
Views: 1,233
Message 1 of 5

Laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 520-15IKB can't install nvidia driver

Hi, 

I am using windows 10 on my 

Laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 520-15IKB

and I can't install the nvidia driver not with windows update, not with system update, i tried installing it manualy. It gets stuck at system check. When i go to device manager it only shows the Intel graphic card. What do i do?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,210
Message 2 of 5

Re: Laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 520-15IKB can't install nvidia driver

Try uninstalling driver from Device manger for graphics and also select delete driver. Turn off wifi or whatever you connect to internet. You should already have downloaded driver you want to install, after uninstalling and deleting current driver reboot PC and then install driver you want. Reboot again and connect back to internet. If you do not disconnect from internet Windows 10 will try and install the driver it wants. This is not without a possibility that Windows will still install a driver if it detects its newer then the one you installed. Best of luck

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,198
Message 3 of 5

Are you sure you have an Nvidia card in your system, because if it is not showing in Device Manager it may not.   Many Ideapad 520s came with only the Intel HD Graphics 620.      To know for sure, you would need to search for your laptops specific machine model (Machine Type Model) to see what options were included.

Are there any unknown devices showing in Device Manager?

Regards,

moein006
What's DOS?
Views: 80
Message 4 of 5

hi.look i had instaled navida graph.i instaled that. but it again give me an eror.i worked on it about 1 weak and no one couldnt solve that and .lenovo520 have so many problem like this 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 72
Message 5 of 5

Hi! Welcome to our forums community. Was there any recent changes or any updates installed before the issue arise? Are you having error messages when installing the driver? If yes, could you provide a screenshot of the message? And also, could you provide the exact model of the machine so we could check the details?

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors