cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfriendly
What's DOS?
Views: 661
Message 1 of 3

Lavie Z internal speakers upgrade / replacement? specs ? part #'s?

I have had the lavie z (standard, not tablet) for a few months and considering selling it... 

The internal speaker(s) are simply inadequate.  I realize opening it up it would void warranty, etc. Not worried about that.

Most cell phones have a much better speaker than this. I realize everything in a ultralight laptop is a tradeoff, but this is one area where the design team simply missed the boat and went for the cost cutting or power saving option instead of providing a minimum of functionality.  I'm sure many/most people who have this model would tend to agree.

But before I sell it I wanted to see if I could find the specs of the internal speakers, and try to search out a part that would fit in the space and be plug and play (same or very close power specs), (or "solder and play") but put out significantly more dB.

I am a computer tech and comfotable tearing it down, and not worried about voiding the warranty, as if I am able to fix this issue, plan on keeping it for a long time!

Not interested in carrying around an external speaker (even a small one) any longer!

ANY input very greatly appreciated.  Links to teardowns, schematics, component specs, or anything similar would also help.

s-l1600.jpg

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 635
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lavie Z internal speakers upgrade / replacement? specs ? part #'s?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry, I don't have speaker recommendations, but I do have a link to the LaVie's Hardware Maintenance Manual which can be found at the link below.....

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/lenovo_lavie_hmm_v1/index.htm

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

bfriendly
What's DOS?
Views: 609
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lavie Z internal speakers upgrade / replacement? specs ? part #'s?

For anyone else with the lavie z (or other laptops with "underpowered" speakers, perhaps) I downloaded bongiovi dps (free trial, I most likely will have to upgrade to the paid version which may have more settings/options) and I'm actually very impresed.

For general sound such as movies/youtube, it seems like it is about 2x as loud, on the lavie z...ALMOST to an aceptable level, and acceptable quality without feedback issues.  For music/audio it is maybe 1.5x as loud.

There is definitley a huge noticible difference..

I am going to give bongiovi dps a try for a week or 2 and see if I can live with it.  From my research thus far the speakers unfortunatley do not seem to be any type of common standard size / dimensions, but I have a feeling I will still want to try to do a hardware upgrade if my research shows it is possible!

Thanks for the reply Majestic, I am going to dig into the manual now and see what I can find!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors