04-26-2017 06:39 AM
I have a LeNovo Flex 3 1480 [80R3] for about a year with zero problems.
The only modded thing is a Sandisk 480gb SSD drive, with a Windows 10 installation from scratch, installed in the very first day I bought this machine.
I was running Windows 10 version 1607 normally, and really enjoying this machine, but since last week when I was booting up, the machine freezed at bootscreen (the one with the lenovo logo) and then restarted showing the message "Preparing Automatic Repair" that took almost a whole day to pass.
The repair never happened and I had to use the option to reset windows maintaining my personal files. After this everytime I boot up, windows 10 take up to 10 minutes to boot, and my keyboard and touchpad won't work, leaving me with only the touchscreen option.
I've been through a lot of different solutions attempts:
- Upgraded BIOS to the latest version (Lenovo colored logo at bootscreen)
- Uninstalled KB and Touchpad drivers manually and reinstalled with Lenovo provided drivers, and also repeated the procedure with Windows Update drivers.
- Disabled the fast startup option
- Done the 15s procedure with the power button
- Deattached the battery plug for some minutes and reattached
- Checked (unplug and replug) both KB and Touchpad flatwires
- Reinstalled the latest Windows 10 version 1703 from scratch
None of the solution mentioned above worked for me.
KB works perfectly in BIOS, and even when booting up I can change de backlight settings using Fn+Spacebar, after Windows 10 have booted is not possible to change backlight settings anymore, like it has freezed.
Keyboard drivers are installed and running fine looking at device manager.
Touchpad drivers are not ok, there is a "Lenovo pointing device" entry with an exclamation mark that stays hidden at device manager, and none of my attempts to correct it have worked.
External USB KB and Mice work fine.
Please, any suggestions? Tired of having this expensive "paper-rock" at my desk.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-26-2017 07:07 AM
Adding some info after some new research.
Will try other 2 slightly different options:
1) 15s power button trick with battery and charger unplugged
2) Installation of LeNovo provided Intel ME drivers, read some info that it might interfere at the keyboard and mice functionality. Actually I'm running Windows chipset provided drivers.
But still in doubt, which available driver should I install? There are 2 available.
1) Intel ME Driver 63.6 MB Windows 10 (64-bit) 188.8.131.526 - Release 30/8/2016
2) Intel Management Engine Interface Driver 81.5 MB Windows 10 (64-bit) 184.108.40.2065 - Release 29/11/2016
3) Both drivers, in release date/version ascending order.
04-27-2017 05:24 AM
05-03-2017 11:32 PM
You can try 3 methods below:
05-04-2017 05:38 AM
None of this methods can work
Lenovo KB doesn't need FnKey to be pressed, F3 is volume up, F9 is to turn off lcd and F11 is brightness
The Touchpad toggle button is F6, but my keyboard stops working as soon as windows 10 boots up, as mentioned above.
While loading Windows (Lenovo logo appearing) I can still toogle KB backlight, after that the KB freezes at the state I left it.
The mouse driver is up to latest date, used driverpack solution, updated lots of drivers, no changes with KB and Touchpad.
There is no way to rollback mouse driver since as I already mentioned did a clean install of windows 10.
05-05-2017 07:22 AM
Solved the problem myself, thank you LeNovo for nothing, no support at all.
I've decided to disassemble the computer and inspect all the conections, and if nothing were found I would try to replace both KB and touchpad hardware.
Fortunately when dissassembling the touchpad I found that the flatcable end near to the device was dirty, with some kind of melted grease, probably due to the sea air (my house faces the beach).
Did a full inspect and cleaning, and "voi lá", my laptop is working fine again.