Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benben08
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,949
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 100S-14IBR Model:80R9 Need Help Installing Windows 7

I just bought this laptop and I am having trouble installing Windows 7 Home Premuim 64 Bit I keep getting this message Below is the error I keep getting.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Highlighted
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,890
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo 100S-14IBR Model:80R9 Need Help Installing Windows 7

@benben08 wrote:

I just bought this laptop and I am having trouble installing Windows 7 Home Premuim 64.   I keep getting this message Below is the error I keep getting.

The Lenovo "Support" page for your laptop provides drivers for Windows 10, but no drivers for Windows 7.  This means that you will have to hunt around yourself, to find the drivers for the various devices in your system (the Windows 7 DVD won't contain drivers for those devices).

The specs for your system show a 32GB or 64GB EMMC card, and/or a 128GB or 256GB SSD.  What does your system have?

I have no experience of EMMC cards, but I would guess that the Windows 7 DVD has no drivers for it.  So you will need to find the drivers, and then slip-stream them into the Windows 7 install image.

The Windows 7 DVD does have SATA drivers.  As the Windows install showed no available disks to install to, I would guess that either your system does not have an SSD, or that it does have an SSD but the SSD is not SATA.  If the latter applies, you will need to find drivers for the SSD and slip-stream them into the Windows 7 install mage.

Intel provide a tool for slip-streaming drivers into install images, this one:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Good luck.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Davidemktz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,058
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo 100S-14IBR Model:80R9 Need Help Installing Windows 7

Its seems like there is no way of installing Windows 7 in Lenovo 100s - 141br, and i hate it , i like windows 7 more...Windows 10 sucks everytime my MBs are gone when automatic updates switch itself on, and it takes up to 6GB updating files.. I hate this version of lenovo for not supporting legacy.. they should find soution to enable drivers in installing windows 7 cuz am tired of using Windows 10.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors