Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJ070
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,904
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 110s memory upgrade query

Hi ,

I recently purchased an Ideapad 110s, 32GB storage and 2GB RAM. I upgraded the storage with a 120GB M.2 SSD drive.

However I am a bit lost as in how I can set this as a default drive.

Is factory reset an option or is there an easy way to partition/set this disk.

TJ

Guru
Views: 1,880
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo 110s memory upgrade query

If I understand corrently, you want to deploy Opertating System on new SSD. It that's so, then you need to reinstall your old SSD. After you done it, boot in to OS and look for Recovery Drive application in Start's search. Use this application to create bootable recovery media (you need to have at least 16GB flash disk). Once recovery media will be succesfully created, you can power off your machine and install again new SSD. Connect recovery media and wait until recovery will load. Select option, which will restore operating system from recovery media. At this point, all partitions will be created and OS will be restored to factory state.

------
Highlighted
KnightHawkeye
Punch Card
Views: 1,869
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo 110s memory upgrade query

I recently purchased an Ideapad 110s, 32GB storage and 2GB RAM. I upgraded the storage with a 120GB M.2 SSD drive.

However I am a bit lost as in how I can set this as a default drive.

There are several possibilies depending on how much effort you want to put into it.

1) If your machine works OK booting from the 32 GB drive then all you need to do is set Windows to use your new drive for "page memory" and then reinstall your apps to the new drive. Here's a link for managing page memory: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2864547/manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows.html

2) A second possibility is to "Clone" your existing drive onto the M.2 drive and then set the BIOS to boot from the M.2 drive. That's the approach I ultimately took. It works great. The only problem with this is that the best cloning software is commercial and costs a few bucks, though it's heavily discounted if you wait a few days to get the "sale" offers in your email after you sign up for the "trial" version. I used EaseUS Partition Manager.

3) You can "clone" the drive's individual partitions using free software. It'll take a little longer (but you'll learn more about Windows).

Good luck. The 110s is a really nice little machine with the SSD up and running.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors