Did you mean: 
Highlighted
amfraser3107
Paper Tape
Views: 2,617
Message 1 of 22

Lenovo 120s-14IAP - Frequent freezing/ crashing

Hello,

I purchased a Lenovo 120s-14IAP nearly four months ago and for the first three months had no real problems. However, I have had a persistent issue in the last few weeks whereby the screen totally freezes and the only option is to reset. Whilst this is pretty much guaranteed to happen whilst I'm watching a video, it can also happen at random times where I'm just looking on the internet. This is happening on a daily basis. Additionally, the laptop will occasionally reset itself. 

This issue seems to have coincided with an update that occured a few weeks ago (although I am unsure what this was for). 

Any help or assistance would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Alastair 

mazawattee
What's DOS?
Views: 2,456
Message 2 of 22

Re: Lenovo 120s-14IAP - Frequent freezing/ crashing

Yes mine does exactly the same.  USB ports stop working, screen freezes, mouse pointer dies etc....worst laptop I've ever bought.....the Lenovo 100S works fine but the 120S - hopeless....

frns
What's DOS?
Views: 2,420
Message 3 of 22

Same here, mouse and pad stop working and the laptop frequently crashes with a blue screen. Since a couple of days.

baz123
What's DOS?
Views: 2,322
Message 4 of 22

Happening daily for me. 120S freezing.
amfraser3107
Paper Tape
Views: 2,272
Message 5 of 22

Two weeks and no comment from Lenovo. The problem persists meaning the laptop is barely useable. Disappointing. 

Eech
Paper Tape
Views: 2,240
Message 6 of 22

The freezing is super annoying, it’s really bad, i’d have to assume they don’t know what’s wrong because they would have surely replied by now. (Sorry if this notification got anyone’s hopes up) 

Wenlou
What's DOS?
Views: 1,892
Message 7 of 22

Having the same issue. Bought as a Christmas present for my son, it's his first laptop and he is very disappointed with it. Constantly crashing/freezing. Have tried clearing cache and installed updates, which took forever, but it's still bad. Not good at all :-( 

mazawattee
What's DOS?
Views: 1,860
Message 8 of 22

Clearly Lenovo don't care.....my laptop has now improved somewhat & freezes less often for unkown reasons........I haven't added or deleted any software so that isn't the cause..........but it still restarts without warning even though "sleep" etc is set to "never"...........Is Lenovo monitoring any of these forums? Who would know?

kane93
What's DOS?
Views: 1,760
Message 9 of 22

Exactly the same issue. 

Bought the laptop early november and had no problems for a few weeks, everything seemed to work fine.  Then sometime in December the freezing and crashing started during any kind of video payback. 

Nothing is spiking when this happens. The laptop just seemingly gives up and the only thing you can do is turn it off and back on. 

Pretty terrible that Lenovo seemingly are doing nothing about this. Appaers to be a common widespread problem.. 

amfraser3107
Paper Tape
Views: 1,707
Message 10 of 22

Strangely enough, over the last few weeks the issue has been a lot less frequent (although I've been avoiding watching videos) and it has only frozen once in the last seven days. 

This is still very poor from Lenovo though as it is quite clearly some kind of design fault and they still haven't responsed. Even though I didn't expect much from a cheap laptop, it should at least work! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors