Message 11 of 22

Re: Lenovo 120s-14IAP - Frequent freezing/ crashing

Yes, similar to mine now.
FlyingDutchman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,040
Message 12 of 22

I bought this laptop in April 2018. The laptop was running smoothly and there was no problem. However, on the 20th of November it crashed for the first time. I didn't know the cause, but I noticed that it only happened when I was charging it. I kept it like that for a week, but then I called lenovo and they said that the motherboard was destroyed so they replaced it. After receiving the laptop, it took only a few hours to start freezing again. And this time, after the repair it is freezing even when I am not charging it. I am very disappointed at how lenovo treated our 400€ and we deserve better at this price range. 

Thebe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 993
Message 13 of 22

Frequent freezing also here, starting November 2018. Bought my 120s on August 2018. 

After first freeze is now constant. I wonder there is no reply by Lenovo representative to this chain as the issue seems to be wide.

I have all my drivers incl. sound, video etc. up to date as well as Flash player. 

Really disappointed. I expect my product to at least work. Similar reviews have started to emerge at the retail store I bought the product. 

Unless there will be updateto fix this, shall the product be returned to my store and fully refunded. 

Aoepiri
Paper Tape
Views: 887
Message 14 of 22

I have the same (or at least very similar) issue. Started happening a few days ago, same model. Event viewer logs it as a kernel power error, but that seems to be a catch-all term for "we don't know **bleep** went wrong".

Aoepiri
Paper Tape
Views: 905
Message 15 of 22

I have the same issue since a few days ago. Doesn't seem to be a bluescreen crash, event viewer logs it as a "kernel power error", but no description aside from that. 

JW64U
Paper Tape
Views: 759
Message 16 of 22

Hi, I had the same freezing issue. After trying the usual stuff I opened the task manager and monitor the processes. When freezing appear it was the MS-App “Photos” on top of the list. I don’t need that one and so I uninstalled it (needs power-shell running as admin). No problems since (fingers crossed). Good luck
Highlighted
SpeedyJDK
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 17 of 22

Got a Lenovo 120s with this problem.

So i made an image and moved it to another machine. That caused the other Lenovo 120s to get this freeze problem.

Installed a fresh image on the infected machine. (Windows 10 1809). And the infected machine was now fine.

So it's a software problem. The hardware Lenovo made has nothing to do with this.

(Both machines i tested with a youtube video that last 3h. That's how i got it to reproduce the freeze problem. It freezes for a couple of minutes before it goes black and reboot)

IreneH
What's DOS?
Views: 548
Message 18 of 22

Re: Lenovo 120s-14IAP - Frequent freezing/ restarting

My daighterr's 3 month old 120S -14IAP suffered from the same problem. After a morning spent searching all forums, giving up on trying to chat/contact Lenovo and updating drivers using Lenovo tools to no avail, I eventually did a search on Windows 10 support and found that the graphics driver could be the problem.. Updated this and, fingers crossed, this seems to be the solution..

Type Device Manager into Cortana then select Display adapters, right click on installed adapter and select Update driver. System will search on line for correct driver and install. It takes quite a while.  Microsoft advise uninstalling the graphics adapter and reinstalling if updating doesn't work but I didn't need to do this.

Love Lenovo computers but support seems to be non-existent.

chilly2
What's DOS?
Views: 448
Message 19 of 22

Same probelm with my 120s 14IAP. Reinstalling the graphics driver appears to have resolved the issue. Many thanks for posting Irene!
SlimJimSilver
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 20 of 22

Many thanks  I will try this. I have had my laptop for only 4 days and it started freezing yesterday, day 3 - leave it for a few minutes and it completetly logs me out of everything and/or freezes/shuts down.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors