cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xuw
Paper Tape
Views: 6,986
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo 310-15IKB - Windows 7 - USB install problems.

Okay so I got the Lenovo 310-15IKB. It comes with windows 10, but I need it to run Windows 7. I go into BIOS, Turn on legacy support and tell it to start legacy first. I open Boot menu and tell it to run from my flash drive that I have inserted in one of the two 2.0 USB ports. It loads, I press install now to install windows 7, but here I run into some issues. It gives me this message.

Load Driver:

A requiered CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert now.

Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

I can then press Browse, Ok or Cancel.

Please advice. I am at a loss of what to do or how to proceede. I have used teh USB to install windows on other computers, and I have formated it and re created it as well and tested on other computers to see if it works and it does, but on the lenovo it is giving me a hard time. I have also flashed the BIOS, installed all the latestes drivers from the Lenovo support page. Do I lack other drivers? Are there intel drivers I am missing? The usb works tho as it does register and boot up the windows process from the USB, but then it is missing drivers at the instalation? Man I am at such a loss here. Please advice.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 6,916
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo 310-15IKB - Windows 7 - USB install problems.

Hi Xuw,

Welcome to the community, nice to have you here. 

You may need to inject the drivers into the Win7 installer that you are using in order for Win7 to install, as you know this system was intended for Win10, so you are going to have to look for these drivers. I would recommend downloading the Chipset drivers for the Intel motherboard. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
bycengo
What's DOS?
Views: 6,157
Message 3 of 5

You can run it on Linux and then copy drivers on your hard drive

Cheat_Gamer
Paper Tape
Views: 4,360
Message 4 of 5

Hey, I read the procedure of injecting drivers in Widows. But I didn't understand can u provide me Windows 7 iso with included drivers in iso or a vedio or complete guide on how to do it. Plz.......

Cheat_Gamer
Paper Tape
Views: 4,316
Message 5 of 5

Give me the download links of required drivers. I've figure out the process of injecting them in Windows 7 ISO.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors