Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenvuser
Fanfold Paper
Views: 336
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo 310-15IKB lenovo.modern.imcontroller process and fan

Hello,

I have Lenovo 310-15IKB 4 gb ram with nvidia GeForce 920MX (bought it less than 1 year). I noticed some processes which I kill them but they reappear after I put my computer on sleep or shut it down.
Is any processes of these useful to keep? I would like to remove or disable them completely so they don't open in background any more.
Another problem is the loud fan noise (spinning) (even if I open only a folder spins a lot). After I disabled Nvidia graphics card seems to be more quiet. I don't know if a nvidia update will help to reduce the fan noise and also make use of the card.
I tried lenovo diagnostics (downloaded from lenovo website for 310-15ikb) and fan option is not available.

nvidia.png

Untitled2.png

Thank you

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 334
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo 310-15IKB lenovo.modern.imcontroller process and fan

The processes are related to the Lenovo System Interface Foundation. You can uninstall and reinstall that and check if it still causes trouble. It is apparently needed for Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo Settings.

Turning down the fan? No, not that I know of. But it shouldn't make any difference unless the GPU is permanently running something in the background, which it shouldn't do as it is disabled when your laptop doesn't run any graphically demanding apps. I would go the way of removing the Lenovo System Interface Foundation first.

When did the problems start? After Windows Update ran?

Did I/anybody else help you? Give a Kudo!
Did a post solve your problem? Set the post as solution!

Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR (81H9003VGE)
lenvuser
Fanfold Paper
Views: 322
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the answer. I never used Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo Settings and I can't find " Lenovo System Interface Foundation" in control panel to uninstall. The laptop is brand new. I didn't installed any windows update (i have metere connection on so they can't install automatically) or programs and I didn't removed any. It is factory problem for sure and a common problem on lenovo laptops (i found many threads about fan noise). The fan was really noisy at first, after I changed some settings from power options (cooling to active for both plugged in and on battery) it reduced somehow the noise but it still gets noisy very often (when opening browser, files)

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 302
Message 4 of 8

If you want to uninstall Lenovo System Interface Foundation you can follow the steps below.  Its not in Control Panel.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT506070

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

lenvuser
Fanfold Paper
Views: 286
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your answer. I don't know if I will use any lenovo programs, can I disable it?

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 284
Message 6 of 8

That's an instruction for uninstallation, so it won't be there anymore anyway.

lenvuser
Fanfold Paper
Views: 102
Message 7 of 8

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 100
Message 8 of 8

Considering that this is written about specific ThinkPad models that have been delivered with Windows 10 1709, most likely not. The described problem was not a task going rampant, it was an erroneous power configuration that keeps the processor at maximum speed the whole time instead of clocking down in idle mode. So no, that won't do anything on your system as one of the installed Lenovo services (which I think has something to do with Lenovo Vantage) seems to be defective and needs to be reinstalled or, if you don't use Lenovo applications anyway, uninstalled.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors