English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-12-2018

CA

12 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo 320S 15IKB Screen Damage

2018-03-17, 22:05 PM
IdeaPad 320s 15IKB Screen damage.

Hi guys,

I own an ideapad 320s 15IKB. the laptop has worked wonderfully for me as a student and im able to get my work done quite easily. However a couple days ago a problem with my screen arose. Towards the center at the bottom left there is a bright white spot about 2-3 mm in diameter, now i called lenovo about this and they said it would be covered if there was no external damage to the device, the problem is that 3 months prior the corner of the bottom cover of the laptop cracked leaving a fairly large hole, i called lenovo about this as well months prior and of course accidental damage is not covered in the warranty. I have also recieved a box to ship to lenovo for repairs however i am hesistatn on doing this.

My worry is that lenovo will not cover my screen repair because of this cover damage that occurred 3 months prior. A picture of the damage of the cover is provided. If anyone can help me mediate this situation id greatly appreciate it.

Solved! See the solution
Options

4 Posts

03-12-2018

CA

12 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo 320S 15IKB Screen Damage

2018-03-18, 17:31 PM

Would i be better off by taking my laptop to a local lenovo center and explain my situation there or is there a better option?

Options

9674 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6737 Signins

727523 Page Views

• Views: 727523
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-03-19, 15:12 PM

Hi Arqrs,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Depending on the type of warranty that you have for the machine as most Idealine 320S 15IKB have a standard Depot service where you need to send it over. The engineering department would need to investigate if the screen issue is related to the accidental damage or separate issue under warranty.

You may need to send it over for them to check. 

Call in technical support to check if the case is still active so that you can plan your repair just in case it would take time to fix it.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Regards 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2953 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-03-19, 16:49 PM

EDIT: Sorry I just saw there was a reply alread.

In that case, just to add to the topic:

I believe that they will quote you for the damage, as it could easily give them a conclusion that the issue was caused by that damage (dropped, etc...), of course as mentioned above, the coverage will depend on the warranty type you have on your unit.

But I believe that if you do not want to pay for the quote, then you can request the unit to be shipped back to you free of charge.

But double check with your support line, I`m not 100% sure if it will be the same in your area, I`d imagine this varies from country to country potentially.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save