cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Idris2
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo 320S Poor battery life possible upgrades?

Hi I purchased a 320s-14ikb with a i3-7100U and 4gb ram, preformance isnt as quick as id like it so im hoping to install more ram but was wondering if the laptop had 2 slots or just the one? Also battery life ranges from 2-3 hours and is the 2 cell variant i was wondering if i could upgrade it to a 3 cell one or should i just replace it. Is 2-3 hours the norm for this laptop?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 119
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo 320S Poor battery life possible upgrades?

That model has just one SO-DIMM slot with the following memory specs.   8GB max / 2133MHz or 2400MHz DDR4, one DDR4 SO-DIMM socket

A larger 3-cell 11.25V 52.5wh battery is an option, such as this one 5B10M49824  from Lenovo Encompass Parts.   

I could not find any 2 cell batteries in stock at Lenovo Encompass Parts.

Cheers,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 117
Message 3 of 4

Hello and welcome,

It looks like there's a single RAM socket, and the unit was available with a 2 or 3 cell battery.  I can't say from experience whether a 3-call battery can be swapped in, but perhaps this gives you a start on things.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Laptops/ideapad%20320S%20(14_)/ideapad_320S_14IKB_I...

Possible battery part numbers here:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/320s-14ikb/80x4/parts?li...

[edit to add] JD types faster than I do Smiley Wink

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Idris2
Paper Tape
Views: 68
Message 4 of 4

Hi I understand you said that it only has one sodimm slot but on task manager it says it has 2 (1 being already occupied).

Thanks

P.S Quite frequently the cpu maxes out at 100% then fluctuates a lot between 40-100 and sometimes freezes up.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors