Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dunadan94
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 330-17ICH - Fn+F4-F8 does not work

Hi,

I have a brand new Lenovo Ideapad 330 17ICH, running Win10 Education version (up to date).

I'm satisfied with the laptop mostly, amazing 'little' computer, all my programs running way smoother than on my previous laptop.

I have a very annoying problem however:

My Fn + F4/F5/F6/F7/F8 key combinations does not work at all (it is changed in BIOS that F1 is F1, Fn+F1 is Mute, and so. I use lots of programs that use F1...etc keys, I need them. But those functions for F4-8 weren't working before the change either.)

-Lenovo Vantage was unable to install from Store (it was a Store issue, already solved), so my drivers were installed manually from HERE. This might cause a problem?

-Lenovo Vantage is working now, stating my system and drivers are up-to-date.

-I have tried deleting and reinstalling the keyboard driver via Device Manager.

-I have tried updating the keyboard driver via Device Manager. It updates to an 'Elan keyboard filter device', which does not work at all (error 19, registry conflict), I had to use on-screen keyboard to revert.

-Lenovo Energy Management is latest version.

Also, in Lenovo Vantage, Hardware Settings / Input / Touchpad, if I disable the touchpad, it enables itself again just a second later.

Please help, this issue is really annoying ( especially being unable to turn off touchpad. I constantly 'click' with it unwillingly, when typing.

Thanks for your help

Dunadan94
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo 330-17ICH - Fn+F4-F8 does not work

Anyone? Please help me with this issue, I still did not find any solution...
Dunadan94
Paper Tape
Views: 52
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo 330-17ICH - Fn+F4-F8 does not work

Well, that's not the level of support you would expect for a brand new 1.000$ product. Very disappointed with Lenovo so far.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors