Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fikretkurklu
Paper Tape
Views: 553
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo 530s-14arr - Shutting down the computer too long

Hello,

My computer takes a long time to shut down and reboot since last saturday, but not when booting.

Can you help me ?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 530
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo 530s-14arr - Shutting down the computer too long

It could be caused by Windows Updates that were just released trying to install.    Right-click Start, select Update & Securty and either check the log (View Update History), or check for new updates.

Best of Luck,

fikretkurklu
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 3 of 10

Yes I updated my computer this week-end, so it should be the case Smiley Sad

AlexandruSPT
Fanfold Paper
Views: 410
Message 4 of 10

I have the same issue. Has anyone solved it?

fikretkurklu
Paper Tape
Views: 385
Message 5 of 10

I found out, it was about the audio driver "Realtek High Definition Audio", I get it back to the version 6.0.1.8383, driver date "27/02/2018".

For me it solved my problem, hope the same for you.

AlexandruSPT
Fanfold Paper
Views: 367
Message 6 of 10

It worked. That issue was driving me insane. Thank you soo much! 

melihb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 293
Message 7 of 10

I am having the same problem. Counted at least twice and it takes exactly 100 seconds to shutdown. This sounds fishy here for a machine that boots under mere 6 seconds. I was guessing it would be related to a miscommunicating device. I am glad finding a solution here, so how did you get to the older driver and managed to install it? Could you desribe it briefly? I think a link would suffice.

Thanks

melihb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 257
Message 8 of 10

I have solved the problem but probably mine was because of a different reason. I had updated my Graphics Driver to version 19.3.3 adrenaline edition donwloaded from amd's driver website. Since then the laptop shutdown time increased. Then uninstalled the driver, tried to update with lenovo vantage's system update tool but the download did not solve the problem and introduced another problem that driver version and interface would not match (similar named error message by amd). Then installing the  AMD VGA UI Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - 530S-14ARR and VGA Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - 530S-14ARR files from lenovo driver webpage solved the problem. Now it shuts down in under 15 seconds. So I guess I'll have to wait for better updated amd drivers for longer.

AlexandruSPT
Fanfold Paper
Views: 252
Message 9 of 10

Sorry for the delay.

The idea is that the real issue here is the Realtek, not AMD, although for you kinda worked.

Just give this a shot: reinstall the latest AMD driver, cause it has nothing to do with it;

Then uninstal the Realtek Driver via "device manager" (just search it in start), and install the older driver for Realtek.

The way to install the older one is to download this saved copy from my google drive link. Unzip it. Then go again to Devide Manager, right Click Realtek , Select Update Driver, then Browes PC for Driver, Select the unzipped folder then it will show you a list of drivers. Select driver 6.0.1.8383 as myself and anothere coleague have done. And everything wil be great. Just reboot after you're done. Sorry for my english, I'm in a hurry.

THE AMD DRIVER IS JUST FINE. BELIVE ME. Smiley Happy

melihb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 224
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for your effort in providing me the driver file. I was able to install the 6.0.1.8383 version of realtek driver. Just a note for newbies, I first extracted the folder on desktop and windows acted peculiar in progress and installation failed without a proper warning (reported a message saying the best driver already installed). After seeing that I extracted the folder directly under C:/ and it worked and I can confirm the version number under device manager (pics for proof). Then installed the 19.3.3 amd driver only to realize it shutdowns at 95 seconds again but the case was a little complicated. For some reason realtek driver decided to update itself silently back to 6.0.1.8591 while I was busy updating the amd driver and did not report anything. I almost replied back saying rolling back realtek driver did not solve, and realized the situation when I took the screenshot of driver version to prove it is a problem with amd driver lol. Now I have amd driver version installed 19.3.3 and realtek 6.0.1.8383 and the laptop shuts down like butter.

Once 6.0.1.8383  version of realtek is installed from the folder, it is easier to switch back and forth the versions, just select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers" option under device manager-> sound -> realtek -> update driver -> browse my computer and it will let you select both versions 8383 (manually installed) and 8591 (if automatically installed)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors