Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavFlamerock
Paper Tape
Views: 846
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Edge 15 Touch Screen Issues

Hello,

I just three days ago bought a brand-new Edge 15 laptop, about which I'm very excited, and while I'm not usually the kind of person who likes touch screens on his laptops I want it to work since I know it comes with it! When I first opened it, the touchscreen worked perfectly fine, but as soon as I installed the first round of Windows updates (I believe 8->8.1?) it suddenly stopped working. I installed the second round of updates and it worked for a hot second but now it doesn't work again.

If I pull up the device manager, no touchscreen appears under "Human Interface Devices" but a device does appear under "USB Controllers" labeled "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

I can't for the life of me find the drivers for the Edge 15 touchscreen on the Lenovo support website and nothing I'm finding for any other laptop touchscreen problems appears to be helping. Anyone have any help? Has anyone seen this before? Where's the incompatability between Windows 8.1 and my new touchscreen? Why is the device descriptor request failing? I only just bought the laptop!

Thanks!

DavFlamerock
Paper Tape
Views: 817
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Edge 15 Touch Screen Issues

Bump?

DavFlamerock
Paper Tape
Views: 810
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Edge 15 Touch Screen Issues

Alright... it spontaneously was working for about 20 minutes just now. Don't know what changed, and I don't know why it stopped working again. O_o

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors