Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sequence1
What's DOS?
Views: 216
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Edge 2-15 will not boot up!

Edge 2-15 will not boot up. I have verified the hard drive works fine by removing it and installing it in another computer. That computer booted straight up to the windows 8 screen where it asked for a password like normal.

Back to the Edge 2-15. I took it apart looking for any obvious signs of damage and found none. It appears to be mint.  This computer is running Windows 8.1. When the power button is pressed it says:

Recovery

After multiple tries, the operating system on your pc has failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.

Error code: 0xc0000001

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installtion media. Contact system administrator. 

Sequence1
What's DOS?
Views: 174
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Edge 2-15 will not boot up!

Anybody?

SeniorGuru
Views: 164
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Edge 2-15 will not boot up!

@Sequence1 wrote:

When the power button is pressed it says:

Recovery

After multiple tries, the operating system on your pc has failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.

Error code: 0xc0000001

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installtion media. Contact system administrator. 

Welcome to the forum.

As the message says, there's something damaged in Windows that's preventing it from booting up. You need to use Recovery Media to try to repair the issue. It's a good idea to create this on a USB key when you first get a new system. But if you didn't do that then you should be able to recreate this using the appropriate section in How can I create Recovery Media, or order from Lenovo?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors