cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mJayO
Paper Tape
Views: 1,151
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Edge 2 -1580 Cracked Screen. What do I do?

Okay so like the title says I recently cracked my laptop screen and since I don't have any warranty I'm going to do the repair myself. My first question would simply be what parts do I need to buy? Looking at my laptop it appears that only the glass panel that goes over the digitizer is what got messed up. The LCD panel is fine and the touchscreen still works so I believe all I have to do is replace the front bezel? Is that possible or do I need to buy a whole new LCD panel to repair my laptop? 

Besides two thin cracks going through the screen, most of what shatted was the top right bezel portion. 

Please help me ! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,148
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Edge 2 -1580 Cracked Screen. What do I do?

The thing you call the front glass is the digitizer. There is a matrix of VERY fine wires running through the glass.  The whole screen is bonded together so you need to replace the whole panel.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
mJayO
Paper Tape
Views: 1,117
Message 3 of 4

Okay so the part I'm going to want to buy is this piece right ? 

https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/10632376/Lenovo/5D10K28140/Lcd_Module_W_Edge_2-1580_W_bezel

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,106
Message 4 of 4

I never worked on that model, but that looks right

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors