Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAdeer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 27,403
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo Edge 2-1580 won't wake up after sleep mode

Hello all,

I bought my lenovo Edge 2-1580 in December, but recently, the display won't turn on after I wake it up from sleep mode. The rest of the notebook still turns on and the power button is lit, but the screen will stay black even if I move the mouse or press any keys. I have to do a manual shutdown and then turn it on again, which works but then the problem occurs again when it goes to sleep mode. I've updated the drivers and disabled the notebook from going to sleep, but if I manually put it into sleep mode the problem continues.

I've seen this as a common issue regarding Windows 10 as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

mcflex
Paper Tape
Views: 27,275
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo Edge 2-1580 won't wake up after sleep mode

I just resolved this issue recently with my Flex 3 1580, so hopefully my solution works for you.  First, update the video/graphics driver (intel or nvidia) from the Drivers & Software page on support.lenovo.com.  Test sleep mode again.  If the screen is still not turning back on, then update your BIOS.  Back on the Drivers & Software page, look for the latest BIOS update and run it.  In both cases, but especially for the BIOS update, make sure your laptop is plugged in.

AAdeer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 27,260
Message 3 of 12

Thank you so much! I updated the BIOS and tested sleep mode multiple times and my laptop is working fine (hopefully it does not happen again).
Brondl
Paper Tape
Views: 27,198
Message 4 of 12

I'm having a similar issue, though even after I do a manual restart, the screen is still not turning on. Is there a way I can update my BIOS and drives without my screen? ha

mcflex
Paper Tape
Views: 27,171
Message 5 of 12

One thing to be aware of when the screen fails to turn on after going to sleep is that, even after pressing the power button to restart, the computer may not actually restart.  It's hard to tell because the screen is still off.  I've had this happen to me as well.  In this case, you need to hold the power button down about 5-10 seconds so that the machine shuts down.  Then, wait a couple seconds before pressing the power button again.  At this point, it should turn on, screen and all, and then you can update the BIOS and/or graphics driver.

Asaf_aa
Paper Tape
Views: 25,876
Message 6 of 12

Simply disable the “Wake on pattern match” setting under the network adaptors advanced properties tab

credit to :
http://jack.ukleja.com/fix-for-windows-7-random-wake-from-sleep-problem/
zuhairreza
Paper Tape
Views: 23,776
Message 7 of 12

Hey!

I have the same problem - sometimes when I open the lid of my Flex 3 1130 Lenovo laptop, the computer/keyboard is on, but the screen itself does not wake up from sleep. I have to press the power button - the computer goes into sleep - and then after I press it again, the screen then comes on.

For the Intel graphics drivers, I believe I updated them already through Windows update and/or the Intel tool. Through Lenovo's website, the file I download tells me it is not adjusted for my system, so I can do nothing with that. I tried updating the BIOS next. There is an update to my laptop's BIOS, but currently, as of 08/11/16, the link to download the file leads to a "link not found, may be unavailable, may have been moved or otherwise renamed" message.

Is there any other way to update the BIOS? Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 23,623
Message 8 of 12

Welcome to the Lenovo Community zuhairreza !

Regarding the download problem of the BIOS update, try downloading again using a different brower.  Also try clearing your browser's caches and try again.  I just tried it and FireFox would produce the 404 File / Directory missing error, but Internet Explorer would allow the download. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

mapalazz
What's DOS?
Views: 23,524
Message 9 of 12

I have the same issue that everyone else has had.  I have the Edge 2-1580.  It would not wake up from sleep.  Finally updated the Intel driver and it now works!  Great it works. but......... the computer still goes into sleep mode randomly and when it does it wont wake up.  Now, I can put it to sleep by closing the lid and by selecting sleep in Windows and it has no problem waking up.  Why does the random thing happen and why does it not wake up?  

zuhairreza
Paper Tape
Views: 23,473
Message 10 of 12

Thanks, it worked!

Really happy with this Lenovo laptop. All the best to you too!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors