cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riglesias
What's DOS?
Views: 347
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Flex 10 touchscreen stops working after 1 hour of use.

Just bought a new Lenovo Flex 10 from a retail and it works perfectly except that after an hour of use the touchscreen stops working, the computer still works ok, but only with the mousepad. The notebook came with Windows 8.1, and I haven't installed any program on it. I need an urgent response please, since i've been looking for days in the community and other support pages, and still can't get a satisfactory answer and the period to get the a refund are about to expire.

Thanks in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 325
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Flex 10 touchscreen stops working after 1 hour of use.

hi riglesias,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Once the Touchscreen stops responding, can you check the following:

1. Open System Properties and see if the Touch functionality is still there 

- Link to picture (Touchscreen feature is not detected)

- Link to picture (Touchscreen feature is detected)

If the Touchscreen feature is detected, proceed to Step 2.

2. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. On the Device Manager, navigate to the Human Interface Devices section and uninstall anything that says HID-compliant device (this is the driver that controls the touchscreen). When finished, reboot the system and observe.

3. If the Touchscreen is still not working, hold the Shift Key and hit the restart button inside Windows and you should be able to see the image below then try to tap on the screen to test and observe. I

If the touch capability is still not functioning, I recommend you contact lenovo for service.

- Link to picture

- Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors