01-26-2015 02:34 PM
Just bought a new Lenovo Flex 10 from a retail and it works perfectly except that after an hour of use the touchscreen stops working, the computer still works ok, but only with the mousepad. The notebook came with Windows 8.1, and I haven't installed any program on it. I need an urgent response please, since i've been looking for days in the community and other support pages, and still can't get a satisfactory answer and the period to get the a refund are about to expire.
Thanks in advance.
01-28-2015 08:28 AM
Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.
Once the Touchscreen stops responding, can you check the following:
1. Open System Properties and see if the Touch functionality is still there
- Link to picture (Touchscreen feature is not detected)
- Link to picture (Touchscreen feature is detected)
If the Touchscreen feature is detected, proceed to Step 2.
2. Press the Windows key +R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. On the Device Manager, navigate to the Human Interface Devices section and uninstall anything that says HID-compliant device (this is the driver that controls the touchscreen). When finished, reboot the system and observe.
3. If the Touchscreen is still not working, hold the Shift Key and hit the restart button inside Windows and you should be able to see the image below then try to tap on the screen to test and observe. I
If the touch capability is still not functioning, I recommend you contact lenovo for service.