Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_DarkSide
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Flex 14 Shuts Off and Restarts When Lid Is Closed

Greetings, 

I have a 9-month old Lenovo Flex 14 with Windows 10.

For the past few days, instead of going into sleep mode, it shuts off and restarts when the lid is closed for as brief as the trips to the living room from my bedroom and vise versa and as long as overnight. 

I've double-checked my power settings despite never having opened them prior and "When I close the lid" is set to sleep mode both on battery and plugged in:
https://i.imgur.com/p1PtPkr.png

I did notice that installing the Discord software as the platform is necessary for staff work I do with a fansite caused something of a speed issue so I deleted it the next day and that issue was solved. 
I do however still get a Java error pop-up every time the laptop boots up and this last time I thought I saw a glimpse of the name 'Discord' before I closed out of it.

Could this be related?
In any case, what is causing this and how do I fix it?
Tbh, it's hasn't been disruptive so far but pretty **bleep** irritating. 

UPDATE: I found last night when I turned in for bed that I am able to put it to sleep via the power options in the start menu as well as via momentarily pressing the power button on the side of the laptop.  

Bill115
802.11n
Views: 81
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Flex 14 Shuts Off and Restarts When Lid Is Closed

fwiw, does the laptop go to sleep when you click on Start button in Windows and choose 'sleep' ?

Does it go to sleep when you momentarily depress the Power button ?

In worst case scenario and if there is no solution, you may have to consider backing up all your personal data, and then use System Recovery (via Novo button) to restore the laptop back to factory shipped configuration (all data and apps will be deleted) to see if it resolves the Windows issue.

fwiw, we have a Ideapad 330s-15arr, and this shipped with a defective Realtek HD audio driver, which caused 'sleep' to totally fail (power button did not blink slowly) after installing unrelated HP laser printer software.    It was fixed by changing the Realtek HD audio driver.

(I don't work for Lenovo)

_DarkSide
Paper Tape
Views: 45
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Flex 14 Shuts Off and Restarts When Lid Is Closed

I've added this to the OP but indeed, I am able to put it in sleep mode via the power options in the start menu and momentarily pressing the power button.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors