Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newto
Paper Tape
Views: 845
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Flex 14-- screen dim, keyboard not working

I spilled water on my laptop a few days ago. My screen was fine at first, but then (I assume) water got into some part of the hardware. Now the display is barely visible. I think it could be the inverter board that was affected, but I want to know how to fix it/what part(s) I need.
In addition, my keyboard doesn't work. The touchscreen keyboard doesn't work either. I can tap on the keys, but nothing shows up. What is affected so that I can't even use the touchscreen keyboard? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 828
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Flex 14-- screen dim, keyboard not working

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Water spilled into a laptop can cause a variety of problems as well as short  circuits.  It would be difficult to pin point exactly where your problems lie.  I suspect though that laptop isn't thoroughly dried out yet which maybe part of the problem.  I would suggest you open it up and let it continue to dry out, before proceeding further.  For your reference here is a link to your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual.......

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_flex14flex15_hmm.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

ComputerOne1
What's DOS?
Views: 330
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Flex 14-- screen dim, keyboard not working

Try this “FIX”!

1. Pull up “SETTINGS” on your laptop.
2. Then select “TOUCHPAD” within settings.
3. Once inside “TOUCHPAD”, click on “ADDITIONAL SETTINGS” located on the right side of screen, about half way down.
4. After clicking on “ADDITIONAL SETTINGS”, a box will pop up that will display “MOUSE PROPERTIES”. Within that pop-up box, click on the “DEVICE SETTINGS” tab.
5. Once in “DEVICE SETTINGS” tab, you’ll see a list of your Synaptics Pointing Devices inside a box labeled “DEVICES”. Below that box, you should see three choices to choose from; Enable, Disable, & Settings. Click on the box labeled “ENABLE”. Then click “APPLY” to save your changes.
6. Lastly, click on “OK” to exit!
7. Now, test your keyboard to ensure that it’s working now!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors