Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michal2055
Paper Tape
Views: 726
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Flex 2-14 doesnt turn on after restarting it

I have restarted my ThinkPad and it turned off. After few seconds I tried turning it back on however the power button light kept on turning on and off. I have realised that the laptop is turning on and then off because I could hear the fan. Laptop was also making a weird high pitch noise while it was trying to turn on. Here is a video of what happens. https://vid.me/7nDW

Mod's Edit: Updated model name in Subject line.

Max64
Paper Tape
Views: 688
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Flex 2-14 doesnt turn on after restarting it

My Thinkpad yoga 15 ran into same issues - stuck with black screen after the most recent window 10 updates last night.  Not sure what to do...please advise.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 647
Message 3 of 5

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

There is a known issue with the latest updates for Windows 10 that will cause the computer to not boot normally with a black screen.  Please review the Tech Bulletin below......

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501760

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Michal2055
Paper Tape
Views: 634
Message 4 of 5

Laptop wont turn on
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 622
Message 5 of 5

Hi Michal2055, have you tried doing a soft reset by doing this......

1. Shut down Windows and unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
3. Plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If that didn't resolve the problem then you may have had a hardware item that failed.  If your computer is still under warranty I would recommend you contact Lenovo Support for additional assistance.

Lenovo Support - UK

0333-777-3991 (National Rate)
For Lenovo & Idea products #2
To identify your product #0
9:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday

If warranty is not an issue then try a second reset only this time remove the main battery as well.  Your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how to remove the battery.  Then follow this procedure.....

1. Shut down Windows and unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If that didn't resolve the issue then I would try removing the hard drive and optical drive to see if the machine will attempt to boot up with these items removed.  The manual will explain how to remove them.  If the computer boots then re-install the removed hardware one piece at a time and boot up.  Which ever item fails to boot suspect as being defective.  Here is a link to that manual for your reference.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_flex_2_14_flex_2_14d_flex_2_15_flex_2_15d_hm...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors