Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shane_elliott80
Paper Tape
Views: 4,846
Message 1 of 18

Lenovo Flex 2 14" - Screen Issues - Backlight bleeding

Hello Lenovo Community! Smiley Happy

I purchased a Lenovo Flex 2 14" Laptop last Saturday (6th of September 2014) and I noticed when using it at night time that there was a yellow tint coming from all corners. This yellow tint isn't really noticeable when on standard applications with a bright colour but when watching films or viewing dark images it is really noticeable.

I returned the laptop to the store (PC World) and they happily provided me with a replacement, however the same problem is happening with the replacement which I got today.

I have included a picture below which shows the tint when streaming a film on Netflix, as you can see it is really noticeable and not something I have seen with any other Laptops I have purchased. The same yellow tint appears on dark images or applications, not just on Netflix.

LenovoFlex2-YellowTint-Netflix.jpg 

Has anyone else expierenced a problem like this before? Is this expected? Or have I just been extremely unlucky with the two laptops I have been given?

Thanks for any support/advice,

Shane

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,830
Message 2 of 18

Re: Lenovo Flex 2 14" - Screen Issues - Yellow Tint

Have you seen this thread, Yoga 2 Pro Stil has Yellow Color Issues I don't know that one of the solutions will fix your problem, but it might.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
shane_elliott80
Paper Tape
Views: 4,819
Message 3 of 18

Hello Hoov,

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at that thread before but the problem they are experiencing is with the colour yellow not displaying correctly which isn't the same problem as mine. I have changed the energy manager settings but the same yellow tint appears on the corners.

If you or anyone else have any guidance or anyone else has experienced the same problem I would love to know if it has been resolved.

Many thanks,

Shane

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,814
Message 4 of 18

If you hit me with a brick hard enough it will make it thru.

Have you tried booting windows cleanly to see if the problem is there with just windows?

Hoov
SpywareHammer.com
shane_elliott80
Paper Tape
Views: 4,805
Message 5 of 18

Hi Hoov,

I've ruled out Windows being the problem as the same yellow tint appears in the corners when booting the laptop (the black lenovo loading screen displays the same yellow tint)

I am beginning to think that maybe I've just been given two faulty Laptops. I would imagine that if it was a fault with all models of my type then there would be some information out there.

I might take it back to the store again tomorrow and try 1 more, I'll also ask if they have any advice.

I'll update the post tomorrow but in the meantime I am open to any suggestions as I don't really want to opt for another Laptop as this one is perfect (apart from the annoying Yellow in corners Smiley Happy)

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,788
Message 6 of 18

I was just informed that it could be the backlight for the LCD screen. Can you tell if the light is coming out of a gap in the frame?

Hoov
SpywareHammer.com
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,782
Message 7 of 18

Hoov, let me take over here.....

@The OP, you got light bleed on your display. This is normal on IPS displays, however, yours is actually very bad. One should expect to see a little light bleed, but not that much. I would call warranty. However, don't expect a light bleed free display, as it is unlikely. Even if it happens, the glue will eventually expand with the heat and the light bleed will return.

shane_elliott80
Paper Tape
Views: 4,754
Message 8 of 18

Thanks indest - I realised after searching the Internet that it was a likely to be a bleed, feel stupid for asking now.

I am within my 21 day store return policy so I'm going to try 1 more (this will be the 3rd one) and see if that's any better. I wouldn't mind if I used it in the day time but I tend to use it most during a dark room.

Thanks for your help, fingers crossed that the next one isn't as bad otherwise I'll have to try another manufacture, which I really don't want to do.

Thanks again,

Shane

naveenshrimal
Paper Tape
Views: 4,670
Message 9 of 18

Hi

I also bought the same laptop and I also changed it twice for the same problem.

Let me know if you get this resolved with the third one.

I think they have made it like that, but not sure.

Highlighted
shane_elliott80
Paper Tape
Views: 4,664
Message 10 of 18

Hi,

I never did resolve it, the third one was just as bad.

I returned it for a full refund and I am now on the hunt for something
similar. I liked the laptop but I couldn't justify paying that amount for
something that is clearly broke.

I recommend you return it for a full refund if you can.

Shane

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors