Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frustrated09
Paper Tape
Views: 6,417
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Flex 2-15 Screw Replacement

I've had to send my Flex 2-15 out for repairs, and it either came back missing screws or they've fallen out in the meantime. I really don't want to have to deal with Lenovo support again. I've looked up the parts and it shows that it's a repair technician fix only.

Ideally I would lovee for Lenovo to just send me some extra screws, but again, the support received thus far has left a lot to be desired. Searching the forums, someone mentioned they've used (on their Yoga 2), M2 5mm screws, or even the 6mm. Can anyone confirm this screw type could work for the Flex 2-15?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,392
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Flex 2-15 Screw Replacement

hi frustrated09,

Welcome to the Forums.

Depending on the part / area where the missing screws are, yes, the M2.5 (4mm, 4.5mm) and M2 (6mm) will work on the Flex 2-15 as they're listed on the hardware maintenance manual.

Hardware Maintenance Manual - Lenovo Flex 2-14, 2-14D, 2-15, 2-15D

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

frustrated09
Paper Tape
Views: 6,382
Message 3 of 5

Awesome! Thank you so much.

shamlesteberg
What's DOS?
Views: 6,245
Message 4 of 5

Had the same problem...  came back missing some and one by one they're all falling out. Trying my best to find the right replacements since I can't just get some mailed to me. Via Lenovo, I'd have to send the whole thing in AGAIN. Sigh...  Glad to see I'm not the only one. If you find the right screws, can you drop a note on here where you found them!? Thx

holtonsweet
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,653
Message 5 of 5

This very problem happened to me also not once but twice, I thought it just a fluke but I see it's not, after I got my computer back from support I contacted them about this and they did nothing about it 1 person told me they would send me the screws but never got any from them, no help at all. Thank you for letting us know

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors