Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helton94
Paper Tape
Views: 247
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Flex 2-15 Wifi constantly dropping

I've had this issue for years and I've spent hours upon hours to try and fix this issue and troubleshoot but nothing seems to work. Very frustrated so I came here to see if anyone can help. I have Lenovo Flex 2-15 laptop and the wifi on this machine is constantly dropping. Every other device connected to the wifi has no issues and works perfectly but this laptop will have perfect connection and then randomly stop working. It either says I have full signal with wifi bars or no signal with 1 bar. Anyone else have a similar problem? I know its not interference or anything because the problem still happens when I'm literally right next to my router so I dont know what to do.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 226
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Flex 2-15 Wifi constantly dropping

Hey there, Helton94! 

Thank you for reaching our Community Forum! 

First of all, there are factors that you need to consider in using or connecting to a wireless network. You need to check if the laptop is compatible with the router settings, like for example if the router has a dual band feature (2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz frequency). As we were checking here, the Lenovo Flex 2-15 https://lnv.gy/2wPmvPD comes with a wireless b/g/n + BT 2.4 GHz adapter only. 

May we know what kind of router do you use? Is it a dual-band router? How many wireless devices are connected to the same wireless network? Have you tried connecting the laptop to a different wireless network? In addition, you may check this article https://lnv.gy/2wQm0EG and follow the provided troubleshooting steps about intermittent wireless connection issues. Let us know how it goes. 

Regards! 

Moderator comment: Links above expanded for transparency.

- http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Flex_2_15?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6&Source=social_eservices&...

- https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502846?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6&Source=social_eservic...

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Helton94
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 3 of 4

sorry for such a late reply. But I have an Arris TG1672 dual band router. Is that the issue? How would I go about changing my router settings to optimize it for my laptop?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 208
Message 4 of 4

Checking on your issue. This is about the signal strength of the wifi signal you are getting with the laptop.

First troubleshooting step is to use the laptop near the router and see if it will hold the signal. 

Please note that not all laptops are made equally, there are some laptops that has better buitl-in wifi antennas and doesn't affect interference at all. But there are some that are made just for average use.

Second troubleshooting step is to check the location where the issue normally occurs. For example, the router and the laptop is between a brick wall with many electronic devices like bluetooth speakers, microwave, television etc. Those devices can interfere wifi signals. 

If the first troubleshooting step has the same issue with low signal even if you are using the laptop near/close to the router. It's possible that this is a hardware issue in the laptop.

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors