Did you mean: 
Ash1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,327
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Flex 2 - Upgrading to Windows 10 Disables Right-Click Button on Touchpad

Hi,

I hope you're doing well.

I recently upgraded my Lenovo Flex 2 (15 inch) notebook from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

After upgrading, the right click button on my touchpad stopped working. Suspecting a driver issue, I uninstalled the driver to allow the default Windows driver to take over. The right-click button started to work again, so it's not a hardware problem. However, the touchpad, in general, became erratic and difficult to use. I then downloaded the latest Lenovo Flex 2 touchpad driver for Windows 10. However, the touchpad returned to the way it was after the upgrade and the right-click button does not work.

Please help me with this. I need my laptop to function properly during my travels.

Kind regards,

Ash

Ash1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,171
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Flex 2 - Upgrading to Windows 10 Disables Right-Click Button on Touchpad

Since nobody in the Lenovo community answered this, and Customer Support refuses to provide support for their own drivers (without charging you $70 for Premium Support), I will post the solution that I found on my own, so that other innocent customers can be helped.

Uninstall the touchpad driver from Programs & Features, then download Windows 8.1 version of the touchpad driver (Bay) from the Lenovo Flex 2 drivers page. Install it and it will work perfectly on Windows 10 (unlike the Windows 10 driver).

Enjoy.

Ash

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors