Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satur9ine
Paper Tape
Views: 565
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Flex 3 1480 - Display Issue

Hi, I recently purchased a refurb Lenovo Flex 3 1480 model and I am starting to see problems with the display that others have noted on here.  It sometimes flickers on and off and occassionally completely turns off and will not come back on without a restart.  

So in troubleshooting this issue I have upgraded my BIOS to version DCN32WW from DCN28WW.  This was more difficult than it sounds because for some reason the PC identified the older DCN28WW as the newer firmware.  I had to override the setting in the BIOS to allow it to install the "older"firmware DCN32WW.  Made no sense.

The latest thing I am trying to do is update the Intel VGA 520 display driver to the latest version published on 7/16/16 ver. 20.19.15.4454.  I downloaded the installer from the Flex 3 1480 section of the suppport site. When I try to install it, however, it tells me it is not compatible with my device.  I have tried uninstalling the driver and then installing the newest one and it still won't install.  The driver currently on my machine is 20.19.15.4364.  Can someone explain why I cannot get the newest display driver to install on my laptop?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors