cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvergenesis2
What's DOS?
Views: 635
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Flex 3 1580- Will Not Wake Up from Sleep Mode- Fans also running full tilt

Please help!

I've been using sleep mode for pretty much the entire time that I have had this laptop (one month plus).  This is the first time I sent it into sleep mode for the evening and awoke the next day to find that the laptop refuses to wake up.  The keyboard will light up merrily along with the power button, but the screen will not turn on.  The fans are also running full tilt.  I can hear them running loud and clear, which is abnormal as during normal operations I cannot hear this machine running at all.  After having a jet engine for a previous laptop, this was one of my favorite features of the Flex 3.

I have tried doing a ton of different things to get the laptop to wake up again including power resets and using the Novo button.  Nothing has worked.  If I could get at the battery and motherboard battery without voiding my warranty, I would.  My only solution is to try to run the battery down by leaving it on with the keyboard lights as bright as they will go and let the fan run like a jet engine.  Hopefully this will drain the battery in faster than the 4 days that everyone else was reporting.  Anyways, I don't know how everyone's Flex 3's lasted that long on battery anyways.  Mine kept turning itself on.

The point of this post is to ask what I can do so that this issue never crops up again.   I love this machine, but if this becomes a recurring problem, I'm going to have to can it and go for something maybe less fancy but more functional.

Any help would be wonderful.

turtok
Punch Card
Views: 565
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Flex 3 1580- Will Not Wake Up from Sleep Mode- Fans also running full tilt

Have you tried updating the BIOS for your model yet? I have the same one and had problems with it never waking up from sleep. Haven't had a problem with it since the update though.
cloudchuck
Paper Tape
Views: 503
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo Flex 3 1580- Will Not Wake Up from Sleep Mode- Fans also running full tilt

Did not work on my Flex 3 1580....still experiencing uninitiated locked sleep mode!
CyrusN
What's DOS?
Views: 255
Message 4 of 4

Hi, My fans are not running full, but the computer is not waking up from sleep. I tried to update everything, all the drivers, etc. just not sure how to update the BIOS? is there a specific link that I can follow to update my Flex 3?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors