12-04-2016 04:47 PM
I bought my lenovo flex 3 like a month ago and it is refubrished. I am having similar issue with it, while it is on after some minutes the screen turns black and wont wake up, I have to turn off the power and turn back on. This is so annoying! Please I need some help.
01-21-2017 08:26 AM
But mine just won't turn on. Warranty expired. Hardly ever used. Seriosly.. I bought it when I was going on vacation so that I could use something bigger than my phone. I used it then. Every month or so I would turn it on for updates. I don't even get the start screen...What a waste of money. I have to get a new one and it WON'T be a Lenovo. Acer or HP.
01-22-2017 11:08 PM
First, if your computer is stuck in sleep mode, you don't have to wait for the battery to die just to get it to reboot.
1) Take bottom cover off laptop (this does not void warranty)
2) Once it is off, pull the leads that connect the battery to the motherboard.
3) Pull CMOS battery and wait ~1min. Push power button with everything unplugged to discharge any lingering voltage.
4) Plug in power cord with both batteries still unplugged, and power on computer. It should start just fine.
5) If it started just fine, shut down computer.
6) Insert CMOS battery, and reconnect main battery. Reinstall back cover.
7) You're done. You can power on like normal, just don't let your computer go to sleep.
Update us how it goes.
Tap that kudos button if I helped
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
04-02-2017 10:02 PM
Hi there, recently experiencing something similar where my Lenovo Flex 3 will not power on. The LED indicator does light up and the keyboard does light up for a split second when attempting to power the laptop on. I cannot remove the bottom of the laptop by myself to try to get to the battery.
I know some people have recommended just leaving it alone for a day or two- should I keep it plugged in to allow it to get to a full charge or unplugged to let the battery run dry? If it goes dry should I plug it in when attempting to power it on? Any help is appreciated.
06-26-2018 09:03 PM
I am having the same "sleeping sickness" problem with my flex 3. I removed the bottom panel and disconnected/reconnected the battery. That got it out of sleep mode so I could reboot. There is an April 2018 bios update that I applied. Also, I changed the power option for WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE LID IS CLOSED so that if the lid is closed or the power button is pressed the machine SHUTSDOWN. If the sleep button is pressed, it HIBERNATES. Both for BATTERY and A/C POWER. Hopefully this fixes it, I can't afford to be taking this thing apart, on the road, to wake it up.