English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-19-2019

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Flex 4 1470 new motherboard

2019-06-19, 18:47 PM

I was give a Lenovo flex 4 1470 with a bad motherboard and I dont know much about them. It has just a slow dual core processor and since I need to replace the motherboard anyways what are some options that would allow me to have a better processor 

Options

10452 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6859 Signins

733259 Page Views

• Views: 733259
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Flex 4 1470 new motherboard

2019-06-19, 22:04 PM

Hi Derick92,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Usually recommended replacement of systemboard would be like for like. That would be the same board that came with the machine. 

If you use your serial number or machine number here in the parts lookup, it would show probable substitute for the particular part under commodity list. I am not so optimistic with this as I tried using a sample MTM 80SA0000US for a flex 4 1470 variant with Pentium 4405U showing zero substitute. 

If you change the configuration tab to compatible, 40 subsitutes with higher processor would appear. Such boards may fit the chassis of the machine but not all the components of your current model would work as expected with original. We cannot guarantee full compatibility so it maybe a bit risky considering the price of motherboards.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save