Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theMark
Paper Tape
Views: 643
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Flex 4 BIOS Critical Update and Battery issues

Hi Lenovo Forum,

I wanted to ask for help and advice on whether there is a need for my Flex 4 laptop to update its BIOS.

It's my first time opening the Lenovo companion app that came with the laptop and I noticed that there is one critical update.

P65GpQY

Here is the installation history:

image.png

Here is the system info from the companion app

NjfWltC

Now my question is, do I have to update this or simply ignore it?

Just to clarify, I'm not really a tech savvy person. I am unsure if this is safe or not. I read from other sites that updating the BIOS may have risks of bricking the laptop and make it unusable.

So, I really need help if I should proceed with the update or leave as it is.

The current situation right now is, everything seems to be working fine. I am near my warranty expiration. The only complaints that I have is that whenever I leave my laptop and set it to sleep by 11PM, I open it the next morning and the battery is all drained to 1%. This does not happen all the time, but for it may happen quite frequently.

Here is my battery information

image.png

And one other complain is that, even if I set it to sleep mode, sometimes, I do hear the laptop fan go really loud. I am also not sure why that happens.

But I hope all my additional information would be helpful on determining if my computer has issues and if I do really need to update the BIOS.

Any type of help would be appreciated. Thanks!

theMark
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Flex 4 BIOS Critical Update and Battery issues

EDIT

Upon checking this link:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-4-1570/80sb/80sb000...

It seems like I have dozens of things to update that doesn't even show in the Lenovo Companion App.

Most importantly, this has the latest BIOS:

• BIOS Update for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Notebook
  • 0VCN25WW(V1.09)

I am not sure what is the necessary version or required updates. This is quite confusing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors