cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuvarajrec
What's DOS?
Views: 547
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Flex 5 -1570 Model 80XB Screen display issue.

I purchased Laptop Lenovo Flex 5 1570 model 80XB on June 2017 in USA (COSTCO) and I had a situation to travel to India and I am still in India for personal reasons my travel back to USA is delayed and my laptop got display issue soon i reached India during July 2017.

Issue details: LCD was not showing display when i open Laptop, I had to hold a bit on the bottom right had corner of the scren edge bezzel once then it will display if i release the hold the display goes off. and now the display totally shows nothing. not even if I hold the screen as I was doing it before.

I reached Lenovo Service center India during July 2017 as it was under warranty during that time, they refuse to diagnose or help to fix. (I understand as the warrant goes off if it was touched outside USA), I tried reaching USA customer care they were suggesting to send laptop to USA and get it fixed which this option doesnt worked out for me. Now the laptop is out of warranty and i connected with India service center for lenovo they still suggest the parts would not be available so cant do a open diagnose. The issue might be in LCD Cable or LCD itself, better you purchase both the parts from USA and once then we can help fix it as the parts not available in India.

They also said the LCD screen is kind of a sticker not like Flex 4 which of screw type so if we open it up we have to replace the entire lcd as well and asking to purchase both LCD screen and cable. 

As this both seems bit costly, would some one suggest a btter option how can i proceed to get my laptop fixed. 

Has anyone as well faced such display issue in flex 5.

Thanks,

Yuvaraj

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 514
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Flex 5 -1570 Model 80XB Screen display issue.

Hi Yuvarajrec,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Possible that the specific model that you have there is not released in India that is why they do not have a replacement part for your laptop. Have you tried adjusting the LCD panel to a certain angle to see if it will have a display. Because if it does then possible that the LCD cable is causing the issue. You may try to disassemble the laptop to check if the LCD cable is properly seated. Kindly check the link below to access the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your Flex 5 laptop.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/flex_5-1470_5-1570_hmm_201703.pdf?CID=ww:lenovosoci...

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors