Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncalsuz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,162
Message 11 of 22

Re: Lenovo Flex 5 - 1570 (Type 80XB) Missing HID compliant touch screen driver

please note touch pad is different than touch screen, I would think the touchpad should be fixable.

ncalsuz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,126
Message 12 of 22

This morning Lenovo called me and told me that the answer is to turn off driver updates. I asked them to email me the instructions, Jamie said he didnt have the ability to send emails out but their warranty number is 24 hrs and they can walk through that and downloading drivers. I told him about this community and the issues and that we have all been told they dont cover software on warranty and he said that was misinformation and that they can help reinstall drivers. I will beleive it when they actually do it.  Anyway he said the touchsreen drivers should reinstall if you select the display driver from their website for this model and they arent shown on the website as the HID Touch screeen.  I have not tried it since I have not done anyupgrades on the replacement 2in1 flex but will try it if I run into trouble later this week when I try.   I hope this helps you all and works for you.

ncalsuz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,092
Message 13 of 22

OK I have gotten my laptop to upgrade and kept the touchscreen so far.  Here is what I did.  Used the restore button on the right of the computer put a paperclip in the hole next to the power button. When it asks to erase all files enter yes. It asks a couple times. The starting do not enable wifi, get things set up. Set up wifi with the metered option turned on so it will not do auto updates.  Then go to this link http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/take-back-control-driver-updates-windows-10/ scroll down to "How to stop automatic driver updates"  create a restore point. Restart, then you can run the windows10 updates.  If it prompts you to update Lenovo drives select no. Get through all the windows10 updates, make sure touch is still working, create another restore point. Then go into the Lenovo updates. I have done all of them one at a time creating a restore point in between each and making sure I still have touch capability. I have 3 left to go and I may not do them. One is the bios 1.6, and the others are the fingerprint reader and the YMC  yoga mode control.  It all seems to be working now....but it has been quite a nightmare getting to this point. I hope you can all get your drivers back.  I did notice today that the HID touch screen drivers seem to be on the Lenovo site from the Lenovo Companion App.  It was not there last week when I did all of this.   Best of luck to all of you.

ncalsuz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,092
Message 14 of 22

yes come back and read through my threads. I have gotten mine working

LuckyLucOnBass
Paper Tape
Views: 2,014
Message 15 of 22

Hey buddy. I was brought here from another post.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/lenovo-flex-5-1570-touch...

Is that the same problem I was having, as described in my post?
Highlighted
nsoc222
What's DOS?
Views: 1,573
Message 16 of 22

I have the same problem. I recevied the Flex 5-1570 (X0XB) as a Christmas gift in December 2017. Then 2 days ago I noticed that the touch screen was not working. Tried Windows updates but nothing worked. I checked the Device Manager and noticed that HID compliant touch screen was no longer listed. Meanwhile the Wacom driver had an exclamation point which meant something was wrong. I disabled it and enabled it again but it didn't solve the problem. I uninstalled it and restarted the computer but when it re-installed I had the same problem. I downloaded some drivers at Wacom website but this didn't help. Then I called Lenovo and we tried all the troubleshooting but it didn't work. We tried the System Recovery and determined that this was a hardware issue because the touchscreen was not working even in recovery mode. The computer is still under manufacurer warranty. I'm sending it in for screen replacement. I think that Lenovo should find a way to solve this issue with a driver since this seems to be a recurring problem.

nsoc222
What's DOS?
Views: 1,550
Message 17 of 22

Ironically after I wrote yesterday and asked that Lenovo makes the HID Compliant touchscreen driver available it looks like they did. I was able to troubleshoot and Windows automatically downloaded the driver. It now show again in the Device Manager and touchscreen is working again.

kaicho8888
Punch Card
Views: 1,254
Message 18 of 22

I bought this Flex 5 December 2017 and the touch screen did work. Since I normally do not use the touch screen, I just notice that the touch screen does not work and I have no idea for how long it has been inoperable.

I checked on the HID compiant touch screen driver (Microsoft 10.0 16299.251 dated 6/21/2006) but it stated "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device. So is this a hardware problem, even though MS says it's "This device is working properly." ? 

I had a quick chat with Lenovo... Support suggested to unplug, turn off, and press the start button for 30 sec, plug the power, and booth the laptop.  It did not work... anybody else have any workable suggestions?

kaicho8888
Punch Card
Views: 1,252
Message 19 of 22

nsoc222, do you have a link to get the driver? This Lenovo site is not user friendly and I'm having a hard time looking for the right driver.

thanks,

Stinkeye22
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,202
Message 20 of 22

So I've had it about a month. Used the refund from a warrantied flex 2. That one had non-existing drivers for the SD card reader. They sent a service tech 3 times, kept me on the phone with their ",techs" for hours to have me to reboot, clear caches... Sounds like you all know the drill. Now this one crapped out in the middle of taking notes for my final.

It appears that I have crappy luck or Lenovo is making crap computers. I'll take half the responsibility for having bad luck 

, But, someone please tell me that they have a solution .... Anyone?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors