Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YureiA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,278
Message 1 of 22

Lenovo Flex 5 - 1570 (Type 80XB) Missing HID compliant touch screen driver

Got this notebook two days ago and tried to use the tablet mode. I realized that the touch screen wasn't working and went to check the device manager only to find out that the HID compliant touch screen driver is missing. While checking, I noticed that Wacom device driver also could not start as well (Code 10). Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on? I really would like to use the tablet mode of this laptop instead of having to return it due to the touch screen not working.

MFord
What's DOS?
Views: 5,058
Message 2 of 22

Re: Lenovo Flex 5 - 1570 (Type 80XB) Missing HID compliant touch screen driver

I have the exact same problem.  Hopefully, someone can help.

LuckyLucOnBass
Paper Tape
Views: 5,032
Message 3 of 22

I bought this laptop on Friday. The touch screen worked the first day. But hasn't worked since Monday. Jeez... Anyone have answers. 

htynes
What's DOS?
Views: 5,004
Message 4 of 22

I have the same issue. The touchscreen worked on the initial setup, but after rolling through all the updates it did not work. Need solution or will return laptop purchased on 9/17.

kammda
Paper Tape
Views: 4,907
Message 5 of 22

I have the same issue.

RaneG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,901
Message 6 of 22

I have the same problem and I have been looking for the driver ...Touchpad does not work properly and scrol stutters 

ncalsuz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,870
Message 7 of 22

I called Lenovo this morning.  Was told software is not warrantied.  @Lenovo this is unacceptable for a brand new PC.  The hardware person is trying to help me. We did a factory reset which is running now.  To do this I had to put a pin or paperclip in the small hole right next to the power button.  Im not sure about all of you but my Flex 5 also did a bios update from 1.05 to 1.06 so if this rolling everything back doesnt work I will have to try to roll the bios back.  The suppert engineer helping me told me if this does not work with the reset to take it back where I bought it and get another one. The issue is getting another one is also not the issue, the updates it ran were not individually presented to me, it was a required upgrade for security and appeared to be a bundle.  I am hoping it is something I can refuse to do and can go in and manually accept them one at a time so if it breaks it I can remove that one update.  This is completely ridiculous and is all over bing and google as an issue, Microsoft or Lenovo needs to get this resolved.  I cant imagine someone who doesnt know their way around a PC trying to tackle this. 

shame on Lenovo and Microsoft.

RaneG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,844
Message 8 of 22

has anyone able to resolve this?

thatguyinca
What's DOS?
Views: 4,818
Message 9 of 22

I bought this laptop for my wife YESTERDAY.  The machine worked just fine in the store.  Brought it home, hooked it up to the internet, and Windows installed some updates, and now the touchscreen no longer works with the same symptoms described above.  In less than 4 hours, the laptop I bought for the very specific reason of having a touchscreen is now missing a key piece of functionality.

When is Lenovo going to address this issue, even if just to say that they'r working on it?  Do they have a habit of ignoring their community?  I may end up returning this since there seems to be no support whatsoever.  I am very disappointed, because otherwise it's a pretty nice machine.

ncalsuz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,804
Message 10 of 22

i exchanged mine, got the new one, powered it up and did not set it up on wifi. I went in and changed the propertied on device drivers not to update them, then I set the wifi up as a metered connection so it would not automatically take the updates. I plan on doing the updates one at a time and creating restore points along the way,  The issue is definately around the HID touchscreen drivers getting over written somehow or corrupted.  Many posts about this out there and even Microsoft technology support has not been able to resolve it.  Lenovo's copout of it being software and you have to buy a package for support is total BS.  If its not software that is optional and operating system or Lenovo updates they should support it even beyond warranty.  This is an issue I have found posts on since 2016 and continue still.  Seems Lenovo would resolve it.  I guess we should put it on twitter with an @lenovo or #lenovo so they actually see it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors