cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaGreen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,385
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Flex 5 & Lenovo Active Pen -Pressure sensitivity?

So I have a Lenovo Flex 5 and a Lenovo Active Pen and the touchscreen works great with it. When I use writeIt by Lenovo, the pen has pressure sensitivity, but when I use any other software, I can't use that feature, and it is a pretty important one. Specifically, I need to use it with GIMP. I'm not sure if there's anything I can configure on that end for pressure sensitivity, but I hope there is some way I can use the pen for pressure sensitivity. Any help would be greatly appreciated

davidhelfgott
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Flex 5 & Lenovo Active Pen -Pressure sensitivity?

Hi DaGreen.

The recent versions of GIMP support pressure devices, you can configure them in Edit > Preferences > Configure Input Devices.

I played around with the settings to draw with certain device, also had to do the same for my Lenovo Yoga 530. You must select the device you have pressure (your pen) and play with the "window" or "screen" settings, it may vary from device to device.

I've also found the way to test the levels of pressure of any device in Windows or Linux, that will help you to know exactly how much your pen supports.

Hope it helps.

H.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors