Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thesampark
Fanfold Paper
Views: 660
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Flex 6 (14") Bottom Cover Screws

I am looking to upgrade the RAM in my Lenovo Flex 6 (14"), but I cannot seem to find a screwdriver that matches the screws that hold the bottom plate in place. They are six-pointed. On the Hardware Maintenance Manual it says that they are Plum Flower Screws (6.5mm, M2), but I cannot find anything matching that description online. Has anyone had any luck unscrewing the bottom panel?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 632
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Flex 6 (14") Bottom Cover Screws

Do they look like torx bit like the image below.    The bit in the picture is for a tamper resistant Torx version that has a center pin, but if it a torx bit, you can find miniature screw drier sets that include those bits at just about any good good home/hardware/tool store or Harbor Freight etc.     I have never heard them referred to as Plum Flower or Plum Blossom bits, but I believe that they are on in the same.

Image result for torx bit

thesampark
Fanfold Paper
Views: 620
Message 3 of 5

Here's a close-up of one of the screws

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 610
Message 4 of 5

Yep, that is what in the USA is called a Torx (aka Star) head screw and you should be able to find a set of Torx/Star head screw drivers at a good hardware store just about anywhere.     They come is sizes such a T7, T8, T9, T10, T15, and T20 etc., but my guess would that it is around a T9 or T10 that you need.   

If you have a local Harbor Freight, they sell a couple of sub $10 precision screw driver sets that will do the trick such as this one

Cheers,

thesampark
Fanfold Paper
Views: 593
Message 5 of 5

I bought a set of Torx drivers - it turned out to be a T5. Thanks so much!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors