Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeonSynth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,033
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15ISK Webcam Issue

Hey there, just got my new notebook a few weeks ago. Started using Skype yesterday, but there's an issue with the webcam. I mean, it works, but it's extremely dark. I tried tweaking the Lenovo Settings, but increasing brightness and contrast only makes it worse, the video loses color and kinda greys somewhat.

Any ideas on what's wrong here?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,021
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15ISK Webcam Issue

I haven't Skyped but have same PC a 110-15isk and also notice the camera produces a dark capture. Don't know if you could try reducing background lighting which maybe camera is reading off bright background? I noticed if I have bright light in background it makes my image more darker. Its not a great camera for sure. 

NeonSynth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,014
Message 3 of 5

No matter how the background lighting is, the picture remains dark, which kinda makes the webcam useless mostly. :/
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 963
Message 4 of 5

Specs say it has a 0.3 megapixel camera. Not exactly something that will provide much confidence that anything will help that poor of quality. I guess you get a camera just for the ability to market it as having one. I figured this was a pretty cheap PC and really see places where Lenovo cut corners. The camera, the speaker and shorter battery life.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 962
Message 5 of 5

I think the solution is a better camera. Just buy an external and get better results. About all you can do unless the person can return the laptop for something better. Sadly 0.3 megapixel really can't be made to do much better.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors