Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhajhrapankaj
What's DOS?
Views: 1,729
Message 11 of 17

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15ABR Constant Freezing

Thanks a lot, bro it also worked for me. I have contacted the support for 3 times but even after doing so much stuff with my device they were useless but your advice just worked fine and it resolved all my problems.
KnightsWhoSayNi
What's DOS?
Views: 1,571
Message 12 of 17

Try uninstalling the Photos app, it worked for me.

Explanation: I bought Lenovo Ideapad 320 with Windows 10 on 10.10.2018 and started experiencing freezes almost every time I tried to watch a video for more than 5 minutes. So one day I used Ctrl+Shift+Esc to look at whats happening and after the pc froze I found out that the Photos app started up on its own and sure enough that's what caused all the freezes.
SB117
What's DOS?
Views: 1,460
Message 13 of 17

I tried this and it said it wouldn't work for Windows 10! Specifically: "The operating system is not adequate for running Lenovo Solution Center". 

WilliamWellsIII
Paper Tape
Views: 1,358
Message 14 of 17

I have the same problem with my new ideacentre desktop workstation. It's less than 30 days old. After 2 or 3 minutes of inactivity, it locks up and needs to be powered off with the power button. I found a good "band-aid". I downloaded an app from the Microsoft Store called "Move Mouse". Simple app and took less than 30 seconds to set up. I chose the "Click" option and set it to click every 30 seconds... and when I'm away from my workstation or I have something running that doesn't require me clicking anything, I open the app... open Chrome... (or any other browser) and place the mouse over the "Refresh" icon. It hasn't locked up yet. May be an annoying "fix" for some, but it works for me.

WilliamWellsIII
Paper Tape
Views: 1,253
Message 15 of 17

Update: The "Move Mouse" app has solved the issue without making it "Refresh" anything while the workstation is idle. I've set it to activate automatically when system is powered up. No freezing since.
BobGuzek
Paper Tape
Views: 600
Message 16 of 17

I had this same issue (random freezing) same model.  In fact, we have two others in the office, same issue.  I had suspected that due to the lack of a three-prong power cord, the laptop was more susceptible to static electricity than other designs.  The whole floating ground thing works fine until a spike of electricity moves that float around.  At home, the laptop worked fine, but no issues with static at home.  

So, this is my unconventional fix that worked:  Ground the case by running a wire from a bottom screw to a good ground - I found the wall outlet screw to be good enough.  I also run a humidifier in the office right by my desk, which cut down on the static by a lot.  The one last conventional fix was to only use drivers applied by windows update, and in this case it updated my AMD I2C Controller driver to 10/10/2017 (1.2.0.75).  I'm not positive which fix did the trick, but I'm not changing anything.

Diehard550Rider
What's DOS?
Views: 372
Message 17 of 17

I have the 320-15abr model and can only get it to install the 1.2.0.60 version. That's what is in the driver download from Lenovo for my model. I also removed the device and deleted the driver, by selecting the delete checkbox, but it just comes back as the same (original) version.1.2.0.60 without me updating the driver manually or doing a check for updates. Any ideas how to get 1.2.0.75 installed if that is even the right driver for my model and where to get it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors