Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shostakmatt
What's DOS?
Views: 1,503
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo IdeaPad 320S 14KB Battery Drains Very Quickly BRAND NEW

I got a Lenovo 320S a few days ago and started it up plugged in. Unfortunately at 100% it says it only has like 2 hours and 15 minutes remaining. It goes through the first 20% pretty quickly but then it slows down and goes up to 4 hours or so.

I just left it there for a few minutes or so at 33% and it went down to 5%. Is the battery still stuck in Ship Mode? It's supposed to last for 7 hours. I don't think I can remove the battery and I have already tried an apparent solution where you press the power button for 90 seconds with the PC turned off and then you plug it in again. That does not solve the problem. I'll need to be carrying this PC around so it's pretty urgent.

BatteryPoor
What's DOS?
Views: 1,337
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 320S 14KB Battery Drains Very Quickly BRAND NEW

I too have recently purchased an Ideapad 320s with i7 processor spec. The laptop is very fast but unfortunately the battery is very poor! Very disappointed with this indeed. The whole point of a portable pc is to be able to have enough power to at least get you through half a day nevermind 1.5 hours. I don't play games on this machine or watch videos because the power drains so fast that it renders the whole process futile.

I previously used a MacBook Pro and the battery life on that is superb! 

Please Lenovo, if you are reading this, please take note of all our complaints regarding the battery issues. We bought these machines in good faith and we want them to work properly. Is there an alternative battery? I'm prepared to buy one if so.

Top Kudoed Authors