Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aayvazian
Paper Tape
Views: 576
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo IdeaPad 510-15ISK USB short circuit issue

We have bought some "Lenovo IdeaPad 510-15ISK" laptops for our company.

4 of them are not usable anymore after following amount of time:

1 - 1 day

1 - 1 week

2 - 4 months

The laptops were not turning on anymore. We have sent them to the service center we bought from and they told us the motherboard (including chipset, etc.) is burnt because of short circuit from USB ports. They told we have used unknown brand mouse, etc. which caused the issue.

Also they told us since it's power issue it's not part of their warranty so we are on our own. I've also checked for one of them in Lenovo website and there is no official waranty either.

We don't accept their feedback because for all cases only USB mouse was connected to the laptop and they are from different brands (IBM, Genius, Dell) so we are not using unknown brand. We are using same mouses for other Lenovo laptops and we never had such issue. The issue is only with IdeaPad 510-15ISK models. ALso, it's not acceptable just by connecting a mouse the whole laptop get burned. There should be a fuse or some preventive items inside to not let such things happen (which in our case I suspect such items exist).

Also, for all 4 cases while the issue happened we were not connecting nor disconnecting any USB device. So there should be no electric circuit issue.

Anyway, I need to know if there is really a defect in 510-15ISK models. What causes this issue and what to do. At lease something which I can explain the service center that it's not our fault.

Thanks, Artin

aayvazian
Paper Tape
Views: 507
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 510-15ISK USB short circuit issue

Any feedback? We have just lost another Lenovo of the same model!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors