Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillrocks99
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo IdeaPad 700 15ISK - BSOD when installing NVIDIA drivers

Hello,

A few days ago, my Lenovo Ideapad 700-15ISK randomly begun BSODing every login, saying VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. I suspected that it was because of a corrupted driver with my GPU (GTX 950M), and figured a reinstall would fix this issue.

However, I tried reinstalling windows, deleting all partitions, updating my BIOS, and have used DDU in safe mode many times. I even tried reinstalling the Lenovo drivers for the BIOS, Chipset, and Intel VGA. However, I am still having this BSOD when I try to install the nvidia graphics drivers, and the installation approaches the end (It almost seems like the BSOD happens every time the GPU is activated). BlueScreenView is saying watchdog.sys and dxgkrnl.sys (DirectX Graphics Kernel) are the culprits.

I am lost at what to do at this point, and I understand that this could be an issue of hardware with my GPU (but am really hoping it's not). However, I wanted to reach out here first to see if anyone could give me some guidance, or to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks!

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 141
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 700 15ISK - BSOD when installing NVIDIA drivers

Do you install NVIDIA drivers from Lenovo support website? If not you should. You should only use Lenovo drivers for all components. Generic NVIDIA drivers (these from NVIDIA website) could not be compatible with your laptop.
Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 135
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 700 15ISK - BSOD when installing NVIDIA drivers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors