cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larca91
Paper Tape
Views: 545
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK Conservative Mode stops working, even thou the setting is still ON

I got Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK not long ago and set up Conservative Mode in Lenovo Settings because my PC is always plugged in. But every time I restart my computer (I turn it off for the night and unplugg/turn the electricity to the adapter off), it starts charging up, even thou in Lenovo Setting the option is turned on. When I turn it off and back on, then is OK. But I don't want to do this all the time, there got to be a solution. :/

One other question, in general sense - whith this mode on anc PC being turned off and plugged in/on electricity, does this mode applies or it can charge computer fully?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 469
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK Conservative Mode stops working, even thou the setting is still ON

@Larca91 wrote:

I got Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK not long ago and set up Conservative Mode in Lenovo Settings because my PC is always plugged in. But every time I restart my computer (I turn it off for the night and unplugg/turn the electricity to the adapter off), it starts charging up, even thou in Lenovo Setting the option is turned on.

I also have an Ideapad 700-15ISK, and have noticed this problem with battery conservation mode; see the post from me in this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-700-Conservation-mode-turns-off...

I found that you need to switch off with the laptop mains powered, and switch on again with the laptop mains powered.  If you do that, battery conservation mode should remain enabled.  If you switch off or switch on with the laptop battery powered, conservation mode is disabled.  I think that this is a bug, but there seems to be no fix available at the moment.

@Larca91 wrote:

One other question, in general sense - whith this mode on anc PC being turned off and plugged in/on electricity, does this mode applies or it can charge computer fully?

Battery conservation mode is a setting in the hardware, and it is remembered even across re-installations of the operating system (yes, I actuially did that, by accident!).  So in the absence of the bug, leaving the laptop switched off but charging, it should not charge beyond 60%.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Larca91
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK Conservative Mode stops working, even thou the setting is still ON

Em, maybe a bit of stupid question, but where do I 

"switch off with the laptop mains powered, and switch on again with the laptop mains powered."

Or what exactly do yo mean by this?

Sorry, English is not my first language.

I did notice, that when I shut down computer and unplugge him, that then it is when it stops this mode. If the electricity is still coming in, it is OK (I turn off the electricity every night on my desk)

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 448
Message 4 of 7

@Larca91 wrote:

where do I "switch off with the laptop mains powered, and switch on again with the laptop mains powered."

Or what exactly do yo mean by this? 

Apologies.  In my tests I found that the following sequence of actions retain the setting of conservation mode:

(1) With the computer running on mains power, hibernate or shutdown the computer.

(Press the POWER button on the computer, or click: Start > Power > Shutdown.)

(2) Switch off the mains power.

...sometime later...

(3) Switch on the mains power.

(4) Press the POWER button on the computer.

(The setting of conservation mode is unchanged.)

The following sequence does not retain the setting of conservation mode:

(1) With the computer running on mains power, hibernate or shutdown the computer.

(2) Switch off the mains power.

...sometime later...

(3) Press the POWER button on the computer.

(The computer is now running on battery power.)

(4) When the system is running, switch on the mains power.

(Conservation mode is disabled.)

Also, the following sequence does not retain the setting of conservation mode:

(1) With the computer running on mains power, switch off mains power.

(The computer is now running on battery.)

(2) Shutdown or hibernate the computer.

...sometime later...

(3) Switch on the mains power.

(4) Press the POWER button on the computer.

(Conservation mode is disabled.)

Larca91
Paper Tape
Views: 444
Message 5 of 7

I thouth it meant this. It is always on main power, when I turn it on.

As I said, I noticed that when I turn it off (on main power), I unplugged it (or turn the electricity to the adapter off) over the night and at morning I plug it back in (so that is on main power) and power it up. I would say that being "cut off" the elecricity (even thou PC is not using any) make the conservative mode to disable itself. If I leave it overnight plugged in with electricity, then would be OK.

Thank you for your help.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 438
Message 6 of 7

@Larca91 wrote:

I noticed that when I turn it off (on main power), I unplugged it (or turn the electricity to the adapter off) over the night and at morning I plug it back in (so that is on main power) and power it up. I would say that being "cut off" the elecricity (even thou PC is not using any) make the conservative mode to disable itself.

I think that you may be right. Smiley Embarassed  I have just powered-up my 700-15ISK on mains power.  It had been shutdown and unplugged from the mains for the last 24 hours.  Conservation mode was disabled. Smiley Sad

In the tests that I did, after I had shutdown the system I waited only 1-2 minutes before powering-up again, and that gave the results that I described previously.  But I guess that leaving the system unpowered for several hours allows various capacitors to discharge and this affects the hardware setting of conservation mode.

I have also just powered up my 500-15ISK, and that had similarly been shutdown and unplugged from the mains for more than 24 hours.  I powered-up on battery power, and when I checked conservation mode, it was still enabled! Smiley Happy

One strange thing about the "Lenovo Settings" application is that there does not seem to be any version number anywhere (there is no clickable "About" icon).  I think that the version of "Lenovo Settings" on my 500 is different from the version of "Lenovo Settings" on my 700.  But I don't know which version is the more recent. Smiley Sad  I find it hard to believe that the way that the 700 behaves is correct.  It seems to me that battery conservation mode should behave as it does on the 500.

Have you tried updating "Lenovo Settings" from the Microsoft Store?  I don't have a Microsoft userid, so cannot try that at the moment.

Larca91
Paper Tape
Views: 431
Message 7 of 7

I unistalled it and re-installed it yesterday. No difference. (When I got PC, Lenovo Settings also upgraded itself to this version. It was the same with previous and this one).

I hope they find the solution soon.

Thank you for your help! Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors