Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
becudude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,735
Message 1 of 50

Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK Touchpad Lag

Hello Lenovo Community! 

I'm a proud owner of a Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK. I like this laptop alot, even though I only got it a week ago. There is a problem, however. My touchpad is "jumping" at specific time intervals (approx. at a 3 second interval). The "lag" doesn't last more than 0.5 milliseconds, but it's really, really annoying. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling the Synaptics touchpad drivers (I use Windows 10). I tried the ones from Lenovo Support, then the generic ones. I also tried disabling PalmCheck. It didn't work. I tried disabling Realtek Audio Manager, as some people on these forums had a problem with the audio driver causing some kind of conflict, on other laptop models. But that did not work either. Then I installed Ubuntu, and the problem still persisted. I have this annoying touchpad problem even in boot menus! (like Windows/Ubuntu menus, before installing the OS).

I opened up a program, which is incorporated into the Synaptics Driver on Windows, called MoodPad, which basically draws a line when you swipe your finger across the touchpad surface. I noticed there are gaps inbetween. I posted some photos to make things more clear. The intervals are fixed, no matter if you swipe the finger across or not. For instance, if you happen to swipe it 2 seconds after the previous "lag" had occured, the next one will occur after 1 second (there is a 3 second interval, as I said before), and so on.

Here are the photos from MoodPad. The red circles represent the gaps, at the time when the touchpad pointer "lags".

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

(I only have this problem with the touchpad. Mouse works fine.)

I really don't know what else I should try. I started thinking that it may be a hardware problem, or maybe a firmware bug...however, I could't find any Firmware Flash Utility for my laptop model. One more thing I noticed is that other people have had this problem in the past, with the same laptop model, but nobody found a solution for it.

Here is one post from the Lenovo Forums

And there's also a Reddit based on this (it starts from the second reply, of the user "carbolymer")

I'd really appreciate some help from Support. I like the laptop very much, good build quality for a good price. But I'd love to see my touchpad problem fixed, and maybe others' who had bought this laptop, as well.

Thanks in advance and please excuse potential grammar mistakes, as English is my 2nd language. Smiley Happy 

becudude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,543
Message 2 of 50

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK Touchpad Lag

bump

akoylu
Paper Tape
Views: 8,514
Message 3 of 50

3 days ago, I bought the same laptop. On day one I realized smth strange with the touchpad. I tried installing fresh Windows but the same situation occurs even while setup screen of Windows. It seems it is a hardware issue. I also need help on this, anyone with an dea for fix.

MasiOka
What's DOS?
Views: 8,446
Message 4 of 50

Hi, Did you find any solution about this problem?

becudude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,434
Message 5 of 50

Hi there, I have not, unfortunately... I have tried ANYTHING I could...tried to update BIOS, then rollback BIOS...to no avail. Tried un-installing and then re-installing again, Windows, different Linux distros...but the problem is still there. I have issued a RMA request to the store I bought it from (Altex.ro) and I am currently waiting for the courier to come and pick it up. I don't know, but it seems it's a Lenovo issue... I will consider buying a 'fruit', as I am a little disappointed with Lenovo...

akoylu
Paper Tape
Views: 8,409
Message 6 of 50

In my case, the problem is with the battery. You can try it by opening back of the laptop and take out the battery. You should see that the touchpad is functioning normally. I thought it was an interference problem between the touchpad and the battery as their boards are very close but it is not. You can move away the battery while the cord of the battery attached. You will see that touchpad has lag. My decision is the battery has to be changed. I think some chip on the battery is causing this situation.

Anyone who will try RMA, please inform us.

MasiOka
What's DOS?
Views: 8,402
Message 7 of 50

So why don't you give your laptop to Technical Service?

akoylu
Paper Tape
Views: 8,396
Message 8 of 50

Because tomorrow I am leaving the country. As you can imagine how technical services in Turkey works. I have no time to convince them that the laptop has a battery issue. They will immediately start attacking me that I void the waranty or there is no problem with the laptop. Rather I would buy a replacement battery if applicable instead of querrel with them.

becudude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,383
Message 9 of 50

In the meantime, I also discovered that it's not just the touchpad causing trouble. It's the keyboard as well. At the same fixed interval of 3 seconds, just like the touchpad, the keyboard stops working. So if you are typing something and you just get unlucky, and type when it happens, your letters won't be registered (your words will be missing letters). At first I thought it's just me, as I had to get used to typing on it, and I thought I accidentally didn't press hard enough, but no. I looked at the screen while typing, and I saw that sometimes, the letters just won't appear. Other times, at the same interval, one of the letters will double, and so instead of "house" it will be "hoouse". I might try the battery method, as the courier hasn't arrived yet, because it's National Day here and employees have days off. 

Note: as I've said before, this ONLY happens with the BUILT-IN touchpad/keyboard. If I plug external ones in USB, it works just fine...but that's not a solution! I hope someone from Lenovo would reply, as I am not the only one with this problem.

ajawnocki
Core Memory
Views: 8,289
Message 10 of 50

I have the same problem (touchpad and keyboard). Did you manage to solve it? Or did you use Technical Service (warranty)?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors