Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bills5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,992
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK Won't boot up

My 7 Mo's old lenovo just stopped booting up all of a sudden yesterday. My IT guy  ran 15 hours of diagnostics and still can't tell if it is hardware or software related. He says to send it to lenovo  for service. I really want my hard drive data now. Has anyone had this problem saying "recovery.   Your PLC needs to be repaired"

And the machine won't  boot up so no way to access anything in machine or on Internet. Any suggestions? I am never going to buy lenovo again. 

Bill

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,929
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK Won't boot up

If that is a recent photo of you laptop in the BIOS, then that is a very good indication that the error is probably NOT hardware related, so sending it in to Lenovo would likely not resolve your problem.     Furthermore, the error you are seeing displayed is coming from the Window Operating system, and indicates that some important system files needed for Windows to start up properly are either missing or corrupted.     Typically such errors are not fatal, and can repaired or restored fairly easily by running Startup Repair, System Restore or running other recovery tools from within Window's Recovery Environment.  

The last resort would be to backup any data you have stored on the SSD, and then Reset Windows to the default state or resetting the system to the factory default sate, all of which your IT person should be able to do.

The error message usually would contain more information than just "Recovery  Your PLC needs to be repaired", so any additional 0x00000??? error codes or information you can provide would help direct you in the right direction. 

Best of Luck, 

Bills5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,907
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the good info.  Here is the other screen shot. My it guy thought it could void the Lenovo warranty. But  it seems like you're saying I shouldn't need to open up the computer and it is a software Windows operating system matter can be resolved externally? Does the screenshot confirm that? And any other information I can get my IT guy would be appreciated. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,891
Message 4 of 6

Yes, the 0xc0000034 error points to a corrupt/missing Windows Boot Configuration Data (BCD), and can be rebuilt using Windows installation media downloaded for free from Microsoft's website.

The first step is to have your IT person go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media and since I do not believe your laptop model has a DVD drive, use a 8GB USB Flash Drive to create installation media for your particular Windows OS, which I presume is Windows 8.1 or Windows 10  (64-bit).   

Next, have him follow the steps outlined in the document below to repair the BCD.

How to Fix a 'Boot Configuration Data File is Missing' Error in Windows 10 (applies to Windows 8.1 as well)

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/fix-0xc0000034-error-windows-10

This document also may be of assistance

0xc0000034 – Fix for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10

https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc0000034/

Once completed, your computer should be back up and running, but your IT person should use the Lenovo Solutions Center to run a hardware scan to check your system for any errors, and perform a good virus scan as well to ensure that your system is stable.  

Best of luck,

Bills5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,867
Message 5 of 6

Thank u so much I'll give it a try and will report back.
Btw as I am not in the studio today and can't access my IT guy , do you think I can use my other computer to create the media flash drive with the windows down load and do it myself? It seems pretty straightforward the way you explained it? What do you think? Also would you be available through Skype or chat to walk me through this? It would be awesome. Best
bill
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,846
Message 6 of 6

Hi Bill,

Yes, you can make the Windows Installer USB flash drive on any computer you have access too, and the process is pretty easy, in fact you may be able to just select Startup Repair from within the Recovery Environment's Advanced Tools section and see if Windows can fix the problem automatically.    If not, the instructions in the first link are pretty straightforward and just requires some typing.    The hardest part probably is creating the USB key, and then booting the computer from it, but I believe on your system, pressing F12 upon turning the laptop on will take you to the boot menu.

I you run into any problems, just reply again and I will see if I can assist you further.  

Cheers,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors