Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yakubb
Not applicable
Views: 123
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBD 80QQ RAM Upgrade

So there are already a lot of posts about RAM upgrade on this forum, but they're all by people with 4 gb of RAM. My model has 8 gb at 798 MHz and I was wondering if I could possibly upgrade the RAM on my laptop? 8 gb at 798 MHz isn't good anymore in 2019, and if 8 gb is the highest supported size, then can I get an 8 gb model with a higher frequency speed? And what is the limit? Thanks.

RAMMon says maxmum transfer speed in MHz is DDR3-1600, I suppose this would be it?

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 76
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBD 80QQ RAM Upgrade

Hi Yakubb,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Similar to the discussion here, the hardware manual shows that you have already reached max 8GB OEM supported on this model.

Max supported frequency of 1600MHz is also reached. Your 798 MHz on double data rate is essentially 800 x 2 as the same max transfer speed.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors